Chapter 4: Mumbles

*Jaeyeon's POV*

I blink my eyes open. And instantly feel my neck ache from my awkward sleeping position. I realize that I've fallen asleep sitting down on my desk.

I sleepily look around for my pink clock to check the time. But I can't find it. I squint around. I don't remember placing that many toys on my desk.

It suddenly hits me awake.

This is not my desk. This is not my bedroom.

Panic surges through me. Whose bedroom is this? I slowly take in my surroundings.

Oh no.

I turn around and there sleeping in his bed is Taehyung. I could tell he was shirtless, thank God the bed sheets covered his whole body, I didn't see anything.

I begin to remember the unexpected party hosted by Namjoon, how Taehyung let me study in his room. I must have fallen asleep on his desk by mistake. I'm so stupid.

I search around the dark room for the door and begin to tiptoe.

Taehyung shuffles in his bed, I turn around, the blanket now revealing his bare face and neck. Thank God he's still asleep. His hair curls upwards, his brows are furrowed and his lips make an adorable pout, I've never seen a guy look so cute asleep. I need to get out.

I finally reach the door. I turn the knob.

It doesn't open.

I press the unlock button. It makes a loud popping noise. I cringe.

It doesn't open.

Shit, if I try harder it will just make more noise.

A hollowing wave of hopelessness rushes through me. I consider hiding under his bed until he wakes up. I consider waking him up, I mean I could explain that I fell asleep on his desk by accident. But what if he forgot that he let me use his desk last night? I even consider climbing out the window. I want to cry. What if people know we were in the same room for a whole night? Even though nothing happened. What would people say? What would Taehyung say?

Suddenely I hear sounds from Taehyung. Shit is he awake? This is not good. I peep over, his lips are moving, his eyes are still shut. I say a silent prayer of thanks.

"Mmm." He suddenely mumbles.

My eyes widen. I bite my lip from laughing. This is funny, sexy, adorable but terrifiyng at the same time. Taehyung is making sounds in his sleep XD.

He makes a few other strangely cute sounds, and I listen to my own amusement.
Until I hear something else...

"Yeah mhm she's so... pretty." He mumbles again in that deep voice of his. I look over and he is gives a cheesy smile, eyes still shut. This is too much to handle

For a moment I feel my ears are decieving me. Taehyung talks in his sleep? I know a lot of habits the members have but THIS no one has ever mentioned to me. My insides churn. Who is Taehyung talking about?

Before I can listen to anymore, the sound of someone shuffling the door knob gives me a heart attack. The Gods definitely hates me.

Before I know it my reflexes kick in and I am hiding my full body under Taehyung's bed. Under the bed, I tilt my head up at a full length of mirror to see who has come in.

Sonya?

I look at Taehyung's face in the mirror. He's still asleep. Sonya fixes her hair in the mirror, she is wearing very short pajama shorts. She pulls them up even further and pulls down her tank top to reveal even more cleavage. She finally bends down to the sleeping Taehyung

"Taehyung-ah. I made you coffee." She soothes.

Taehyung shifts and groans in his bed. The more he moves the closer I am from being smushed under his weight on the bed.

Taehyung still doesn't wake. Sonya leaves the room. This is my chance! She left the door open! I wait a few more seconds. And make a dart for the door. Closing it behind me. I sigh a relief.

Thankfully no one saw—

I look up in horror.

Kara, Jimin, Jin and Eunji are in the corridor looking at me with wide eyes.

"Shit! I can explain!" I yell, my face beaming red.

"OOOOOHH!" Jimin yells along the corridor. "Guys!!!" Jimin shouts running down the stairs.

"You spent the night with Taehyung?" Jin asks in shock.

"Nonono of course not" I explain to him, Kara and Eunji how Taehyung probably didn't notice I was sleeping on his desk because it was dark.

"Aishh I bet Jimin has just went and told everyone, when we haven't done anything..." My face is glowing with embarassment.

"Jaeyeon-ah its okay, we will sort it out." Jin tries to comfort me.
A horrible feeling grows in my stomach.

——

*Lisa's POV*

Wow it's only the first day of the school year and we've already had an all night party.

During the summer I thought I was going to enjoy my school year. Until I remembered Jaeyeon was coming back.

I know I never really liked her. I also know this was because I have to admit, I am simply jealous. She is gorgeous, smart, popular and every guy that meets her wants to date her. Including the BTS members. She is stealing everyone away from me.
At least she can't have the best of the best- Taehyung. Taehyung and Sonya have a thing, which I will be ruining anyways. I deserve a good guy

As I walk to the living room the morning following the crazy party, I am met by the manly talks of some of the BTS members in the kitchen. I hide around the corner to listen.

"... aish honestly guys. All the good ones are taken. I really thought one of us had a chance with Jaeyeon." By the tone of voice it is Jimin. "Its only been a day with her back, and Taehyung is hitting on Jaeyeon already..."

"But you can't be sure they stayed a night together... Jayeon isn't that person to-"

"Yes I saw it, with my own eyes!" Jimin interrupts. "We have to start making our move on her. Taehyung can't get everything he wants in life. He has enough of the best already that cheeky bastard."

I strain my ears in disabelief.
Jaeyeon and Taehyung??

Silence follows.

"For now, she should act casually about it. Joke around it like we always do..." I realize Jungkook is in the conversation as well. And I can't take it any longer. I walk back to my room. I tell Jungkook everything about my feelings for Taehyug, he never told me anything about who he liked. I guess Jaeyeon is stealing my best friend as well.

I feel the bitter seed growing in my stomach.

At least I'm the only one that knows Taehyung's secret. And man Taehyung has not heard Jaeyeon's past either. How can they be compatible?
I'm not letting him go that easily.

Something has to be done.