Chapter 19: Cold

*Jaeyeon's POV*

I wake up shivering, sneezing with a horrible weak feeling in body. Why is it so cold in the mornings? I shuffle on the couch and realise I have worn my date dress to sleep and it is still drenched from the rain last night. My dress is cold and it sticks to my body like cling film. I sneeze again. Crap I'm going to get sick.

I check the time 6am. Ohhhh crap I have school in 2 hours. I suddenly realise Taehyung is missing from the couch opposite me. Then I spot a black hoodie folded neatly by my head, there is a little note on top.

I pick it up, squinting at how messy the handwriting is. It says:

Wear it. It's so fucking cold.

I slightly smile to myself. He bothered writing a note and actually folding the hoodie? What kind of a fuck boy is he?

Before I can question where Taehyung has gone. Shivering, I quickly send a mental thank you and observe the hoodie. It is so oversized I need to stand up to fully look at it.

I start to remove the top part of my wet dress, shivering in the process. It takes me ages just to reel it up my body. I am midway through hoisting it out of my head when I hear...

"Fuck..."

Startled at the suddenness of his voice. I yank my top out of my head and instantly hide my body with the hoodie. I turn around in alarm. Taehyung is stood gawking at me at the front door, he has mcdonalds take out in his hands, his cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"You could have at least warned me!" I flush in embarrassment.

"S-Sorry, I-I-I didn't want to wake you, just in case you were asleep." He stutters nervously, still red.

He begins to walk to the living room.

"Wait! Turn around" I say. He does and I quickly chuck the hoodie over my whole body. "You can look now..."

He turns back to me, he looks at me wearing his hoodie and his jaw drops slightly. As if he feels guilty for checking me out, he looks at the ground.

"Don't worry babe- I mean Jaeyeon, I didn't see a thing," he gives an embarassed grin.

I quickly change the subject. "Why did you go out! You're still hurt!" I say worriedly.

"Nah... I get hurt a lot so I'm used to it, it hardly feels painful." He replies back.

And just like that his face goes from hot to cute in a second. I look up and his expression sends me reeling. It is a cute look of embarrassment and guilt at the same time.

"I bought you a mac muffin and... tea" He blushes handing mcdonalds to me. I stand there taken aback by all his kind actions. "It's the least I can do to thank you for helping me last night..." He gushes and bites his lip.

I humbly accept it, "thank you too for this hoodie, I would be freezing to death."

We sit side by side by the couch table, silently eating. I notice how calmly he is eating.

"How have you been so calm, when there was and still is so much shit you have to deal with?" I blurt out.

He bites his lip and replies, "worrying isn't going to help the situation..."

I note that he doesn't want to talk about it so I don't question him any longer.

"Don't worry I'll tell Ms. Lee you couldn't come to class today," he suddenly says.

"Huh?"

He looks at me, "you're not going to school with a fever are you?"

I have a fever? I feel my forehead and only then do I notice how warm it is despite the cold of the room.