Chapter 12: You're Shallow

I feel faint.

She casually picks at her nails, pretending as if I am not there.

I realise she is holding a piece of paper in her hands... My internship certificate?

What does she want. Chills creep up my spine as I imagine the worst case scenarios. She draws out a knife and stabs me? She locks me in my own closet and tells everyone I move back to Korea?

"Stealing. Such a lovely word" She finally begins, still not looking at me.

Why you do dis to me.

My heart pounds, I gulp, sweat forming on my forehead.

"It means so many things to so many different people." She continues looking at her nails.

Jaeyeon why are you so freaking scared all the time. Just slap her, grab the certificate from her and run.

But I just stand there like a puppet. Still wearing my glasses from Taehyung's math lesson.

"Do you know what I think? Stealing is perfectly fine by me... Only if I get to steal something back" She finally looks at me, her face is one of complete and utter fury. But it is a somewhat calm fury, which makes it all the more frightening. Her eyes seem to pierce through my own. What could she possibly be mad about? I do a silent gasp. Does she know about the bruise? I stab of realisation hits, I really know nothing about Taehyung and what happened over the summer.

"Hmm... let's see. First my popularity, second my reputation. Oh and now, the love of my life." For a moment I think this is just one of Jungkook's silly pranks from middle school. Any second know Jin, his camera man, would burst in with his big ass camera. Me and Sonya would laugh, hug and be best friends forever.

"Jaeyeon you're really quite something... You've actually taken my whole life away from me." She says, a sarcastic tone full of hate. Her speech is so clear and precise, it's as if she has been waiting her whole life to do this or as if it came straight from a teen drama fan fiction on Wattpad.

"So now... I can steal anything I want from you. Jaeyeon you owe me a lot." She says with a perky voice. "Actually... It's more than that..." She glares at me with cold, piercing eyes. She charges towards me and I stand there like a cactus. She slams the door behind me, so our voices are hidden from everyone else and we are now in my room alone.

Only Jaeyeon would get trapped in her own room.

Like a rag doll, I let Sonya push me firmly at the back of the door. She is only slightly taller than me but she seems to loom over me like Miss Trunchbell from Matilda.

I look at her and by the redness of her eyes, I know she has been crying. She comes close to my face, "... You practically owe me your life, hun." Great she is definitely has a knife in her hand.

She laughs, "don't worry I'm not going to kill you, that's too much effort... But I'm going to hurt you, like you have hurt me. I could do anything to you."

She tosses my certificate in the air.

"Don't think I am stupid Jaeyeon. I've seen the looks you've given Taehyung. You want him bad huh?" She says sarcastically. I go from frightened to angry in a split second. "Awwwe this girl wants some loving from Mr. Kim. Taehyung is my boyfriend. He belongs to me."

"You don't own him-"

She slaps me, "Bitch." She says in a calm tone, despite the firmness of her hit.

The impact is feels like an icy breeze, it freezes all the anger that boiled up and turns it to fear again.

"Who are you to say what I do and do not own. Jaeyeon you think that a pretty little face is going to get you everything your little heart wants? Well you're pathetic. You're shallow!"

"This is a warning. Stay. Away. From. Him. And no one gets hurt." She moves away from me. I realise I have been holding my breath this whole time, and I gasp for her air.

"You're so predictable, I don't even need to threaten you to not tell anyone about this. I know you won't. Look at you, you're completely spineless." She laughs, walking out of my room.

I close the door behind me.

What the crap was that all about.

--

*4:30pm*

*Lisa's POV*

I wait in the lounge for Jaeyeon to get ready for her date with Jinwoo. I think about Kara this morning. Kara has been in her room the whole half of the day, Jimin has been sat on the couch near the terrace, with his headphones on and hasn't spoken a word. This has to work. Just as I have planned, Jungkook is out visiting his uncle and we have promised to have best friend bonding time in the park.

Just then, Jaeyeon walks down the stairs into the lounge in the blue sundress I told her to wear.

Can this girl get anymore prettier?

Everyone in the lounge admires Jaeyeon's casual beauty. I look closely at her face and it is a look of trauma. I instantly feel a stab of guilt at me and Kara's plan.

I keep telling myself. This is for Jaeyeon's own good, we are doing HER a favour.

I smile at her and announce. "Everyone Jaeyeon is going on a date!"

"WHAT!" Everyone questions. I laugh at my friends reactions. Jin, Yoongi and Rapmon has gotten up from the couch in disbelief. Everyone stares at her, except Sonya who just laughs it off.

Jimin is obviously affected by what happened this morning. Because he is the flirty one, but he doesn't even notice Jaeyeon with his headphones on. This plan is off to a good start I guess?

They continue to talk and question Jaeyeon on who she is going with. In the midst of it all, it's is Taehyung's face that is the most peculiar, he is gawking at Jaeyeon with an expression of admiration, horror and desperation all at once. He meets her eyes and they give each other a few quick glances, like they know something no one else in the entire universe knows.

I silently gasp. ... Could Taehyung possibly have told her?

Sonya snaps Taehyung out of his stares. She plants a quick peck on his cheek and lays her head on his thigh.

They all say bye to Jaeyeon as I walk her out to the front door. The same traumatised look on her face. Is she this nervous?

"You'll be fine! Just enjoy it." I grin.

She forces a smile, nods and walks out the door without a word.