Chapter 17: Wounded

*Jaeyeon's POV*

"Hold on! We're almost there!" I cry. His body weight holding me down. I wrap his arm around me tighter. He just grunts and limps, struggling to keep up with my pace.

We finally make it to his flat.

"K-keys" He breathes, pointing to his door mat.

I quickly look under the door mat and shove the keys to open the flat. He slowly droops to the floor in fatigue. Blood from his nose trailing us.

I open the door wide, practically dragging Taehyung by his arms into the corridor. I shut the flat door and drag his body on the corridor and move his shoulders upwards so his head is leaning against the corridor wall.

I run around frantically searching for the kitchen, towels, tissues, the first aid box and a plastic bag and ice from the freezer. My hand shaking, my body moves mindlessly and I feel numb.

I race back to the corridor where Taehyung is still sprawled on the floor, his head leans against the wall. His nose still gushing with blood.

--

*Flashback to 2 days before*

I walk out with Jimin and Jhope out of the English classroom, we stayed behind to work on a group project. They both crack a funny joke about Shakespeare and I holler with laughter. These boys really know how to cheer me up. I reach my locker.

"Hey home girl, we'll wait for you at the gate!" Jimin smiles.

"Oh okay sure!" I say opening my locker.

I realise how quiet the school corridors are after school. I quickly get my homework out, not wanting to keep the boys waiting.

I close the locker door and Taehyung is stood right by me, staring into my eyes, his school shirt and tie loosened, his hair tousled, he is panting as if he has been running.

"F-FUCK!" I scream, my blood rushes with alarm. "What are you doing!?-"

"You can't avoid me forever." He says in a low husky voice, he edges closer to me. As he pants, I breathe in his natural, manly scent and I shiver. I gulp. "By the way... I really couldn't have gotten this..." He holds up his math paper score of 100% "... without you."

I look up at him and we stare each other. I have no clue what to feel.

"I-I'm happy for you... Congrats I-have to go!" I try getting out of his way. But he edges closer his face has turned completely to one with fear. I can't help but stare at his beautiful features. One week of not seeing him has taken its toll on me.

"Jaeyeon... don't go on that date tomorrow." He says in desperation. I boil in anger again and complete shock.

"H-h-how did you about-"

"Never mind that just don't go!" He scans my face with worried eyes, looks at my lips, and looks at my eyes again.

I am confused and shocked at the same time. I just stare at him.

"Aren't you supposed to be at your internship!?-" I say as it is the only thing that comes to mind.

Suddenly Taehyung's phone rings, I see his lock screen for a split second. Before he quickly ends the call.

It reads Unknown ID. It sends chills down my spine.

"Fuck!" He slams the locker door behind me by my head.

He pants, sweat forming on his forehead.

"I-I gotta go! Please not a word to anyone!" He please as he starts running out of the school exit.