Chapter 16: Avoid

*Jaeyeon's POV*

My mind is baffled yet again. A whole week and a bit has passed since the competition. As much as I was dying to know more of what Taehyung could possibly be hiding. I couldn't stop thinking of how many dodgy incidents I observed of Taehyung. His freaking bruise, which I have no clue if it has recovered or worsened, how he was always looked either mysterious, afraid or in thought in front everyone else, but when I came around, he switched to play boy mode again and would forget he ever acted that way.

I decided right after the competition and the whole drooling incident, it was time to take a break from this. I avoided seeing him at all costs, since I knew, one look at his angelic face was enough temptation for me to give in. I woke up early as always and decided to leave school early to avoid seeing him in the dorm. I would come home early too, knowing he usually comes home late. I realised the only time I actually talked with him this week was twice for our math lessons. Also this would keep Sonya at bay.

But Taehyung and his damn face and charm has made it so fucking difficult. The amount of flirting he did with me this week was unbelievable, I am surprised that although I was turned on, I actually ignored him every single time. Except for this one time where there was no way I could avoid seeing him, Jhope organised a sit down dinner in our dorm, Taehyung purposely chose to sit in front of me, he looked so attractive I just couldn't help but stare. He caught me and I grew red.

Other than that I really avoided him, I could tell he was definitely annoyed by this, every time I rejected him, he would look frustrated and would stay quiet the rest of the day.

I avoided seeing him. But that didn't stop my brain from thinking about him... a lot.

The bizarre phone call I overheard Taehyung making in the dressing room that day. Echoes in mind for the 100th time:

""Fuck! This Wednesday? No I can't do it! No he's gonna fuck me up!"

""No! She doesn't fucking know! She only saw fucking thing on my stomach. What do you take me for? You think I want to hurt her!?""

Who is Taehyung talking about? Is this me or is there another girl who has seen his bruise? Whoever it is, who is thinking Taehyung might want to hurt her?  And if he really is talking about me... why the fuck would he want to hurt me?

And why Wednesday?

At the thought of this I suddenly remember.

Wednesday... My date with Jinwoo! I was supposed to meet him at the park after school Wednesday but...

Memories flood back to me.

It was last Tuesday when I really ignored Taehyung completely. At lunch, from the corner of my eyes Taehyung was sat two tables away, and was watching me for an entire hour, but I kept laughing away with a few of my classmates, pretending I didn't notice.

I suddenly got a text message from Jinwoo saying he was sorry and had to reschedule the date to next Wednesday which is... Tomorrow!

I remember Taehyung leaving the cafeteria as soon as I checked my phone.

What is going on-

"Yah! YAH!" Soohyun's voice snaps me back to reality. She is clicking her fingers in front of my face.

"This is the third time you've daydreamed!" She laughs. "Are you really that sleepy?"

Me, Rapmon, Yoongi and Soohyun are walking to math class together.

"S-sorry! ... Yeah I'm just tired," I say emotionless.

"You look cute when you daydream..." Yoongi blushes nervously looking down. "Agreed" Rapmon adds.