CHAPTER SEVEN

"You're cuts aboveAnd you don't own worries or a chest full of heartacheAnd Yes, I knowThat I'll never work out exactly how you're thinking"

"You're cuts above
And you don't own worries or a chest full of heartache
And Yes, I know
That I'll never work out exactly how you're thinking"

Athena sat next to shaken up Kevin and Betty as they listened to his side of the story. The news had hit Riverdale High that their very own Midge and Moose were attacked by a madman with a gun. "It was full-on Carrie. Midge covered in Moose's blood, screaming like a banshee. It was insane." Athena felt hands on her shoulders and smiled knowing that it was her redheaded prince.

"Kev, what were you even doing there? You could've been shot too." Athena gently placed her hand on Archie's before turning to Kevin. "I was just night-jogging, you know, as one does, and suddenly I hear gunshots." Athena gave Betty an 'I'm not believing his story one bit." which Betty replied to with a nod. Archie quickly sat down next to Athena, throwing his arm around her shoulders. "Can we agree there's a killer on the loose?" Archie's words were frantic as his eyes darted around the room to each of his friends.

"With terrible aim." Jughead chuckled. Athena internally sighed with the realization that this would be his last day with them. "Jughead, he murdered Ms. Grundy." Jughead sighed out. "With a Cello bow, not a gun." Athena rubbed her boyfriend's arm as he sighed in defeat. Athena ignored the pang in her chest as he looked at her in slight distaste.

"Athena's right. We don't know these three crimes are related." Betty smiled and shrugged causing Archie's gaze to switch to his childhood best friend. "Guys, can we focus on what matters here? Midge and Moose are alive. Archie's dad survived. The new season of The Matchlerette starts tonight. You're all coming over to watch." Athena smiled at the end of Veronica's sentence with a smile on her face. Veronica and Athena both had binged watched all of the seasons and were excited about the new season.

"There's a shooter terrorizing the town. Do you really want us to watch a gross reality dating show?" Jughead furrowed his eyebrows at Veronica's suggestion causing Athena to scoff. "What I want is for you guys to meet my dad officially. Back in New York, my dad was always in his study, doing very bad things, as it turns out. I'm tired of closed doors. I need to know my dad's life and he needs to know mine."

"Count me in. I don't know about you guys but I cannot wait for tonight." Athena chuckled as Veronica gave her a huge smile. "Well, I'll make sure we'll all be there, V. Can't wait." Betty smiled at her best friends whereas the guys of the group sighed in defeat. Except for Kevin. "Thank you, guys ." The girls held hands before the football jocks burst in. "Hey, Andrews, we're going to the hospital to see Moose. You coming?" Reggie walked in with a line of footballers trailing behind him.

"Yeah, for sure. I'll see you all tonight." Archie gave Athena a quick kiss on the cheek before walking out with Reggie. "Oh, I better go too. Was supposed to meet my peer mentor at Southside High half an hour ago." Jughead stood up with Betty close behind him. Veronica scooted next to Athena as they watched the two interact. "God, they're adorable." Athena shook her head as Jughead looked at Betty with fond eyes.