CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

"Suit and tie, with the curly hair making your way with that step and stareSo tell me real, do you feel anything"

So tell me real, do you feel anything"

Athena sat next to Kevin in the student lounge as they waited for an announcement from Veronica who had gathered them there. "I already invited Archie, but I want you guys to be there, as well. Usually, these kinds of events, baptisms, confirmations are family-only, but since it's all about me and you guys are my chosen family, I pulled a few strings and reserved you a pew." Athena smiled and nodded at her before her eyes drifted over to Archie who Veronica was stroking like a cat. Athena wasn't going to lie to herself and say that she didn't miss him but she definitely was not enjoying what was going on. "What is the dress code?" Kevin asked, innocently.

"Catholic chic. So, dresses for the girls, veils optional. And coats and ties for the boys." Athena clapped her hands and turned to Kevin and Veronica. "I have the perfect outfit." Kevin smiled and was about to ask her something before they were interrupted by Weatherbee over the PA system. "Jughead Jones and Betty Cooper, please report to the principal's office. Jughead Jones and Betty Cooper to the principal's office." Athena raised an eyebrow at the two who shrugged at her before beginning to stand. "Have fun, troublemakers." Jughead rolled his eyes at her comment and grumbled something incoherent.

Athena turned back to Veronica with a smile on her face causing her to eye the redhead suspiciously. "What do you want, Ginger?" Athena rolled her eyes and leaned forwards slightly before putting on a sickeningly sweet smile. "Is there room for one more?" Athena asked with hope in her voice causing Veronica to laugh and nod. "Yes, I left room for your boy toy." Athena frowned at the name that Veronica used until she felt a hand on her shoulder. "I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you." Athena put her hand over Reggie's before he jumped over the back of the couch, landing next to her.

"Reggie, you might burn in the house of God. You know from all your sins." Athena told him causing him to open his mouth in fake shock. The two had gotten a lot closer over the past couple of weeks and Athena felt like he was becoming an actual human being. "Don't forget, Sweetheart. You did half of them with me." Athena laughed loudly and shoved his chest, oblivious to the tense Archie who was trying to subtly glare at the two but was failing miserably.

"Hey, we should be getting to class." Archie was quick to get out of the room, leaving just Athena, Reggie and Kevin sitting on the same couch. "Well, I don't want to be the third wheel so I'm just going to." Kevin quickly stood up and walked out of the room causing Reggie to turn to Athena with a wicked look in his eyes. "Reggie, whatever you're thinking about doing, don't do it." Athena began to crawl backward on the couch until she was at the opposite end, her boots pressing against Reggie's chest. He gently moved her foot away and began to crawl until he was hovering above her.

"Oh god, are we really that couple?" Athena covered her face to hide the blush that was rising to her cheeks. Reggie chuckled and used leaned to the side, using one of his hands to move her hands away from her face which she let him do with little resistance. The two just stared at each other before Reggie leaned forward and kissed her forehead before kissing her nose. Athena scrunched her face up causing Reggie to let out a loud laugh and rest on his elbows. "Are you ticklish?" Athena tried to hide the smile that was trying to come up as she shook her head.

Reggie raised an eyebrow at her before shaking his head, his hands moving towards the sides on her stomach. "Babe, did you just lie to me?" Athena bit her lip and before she could respond, his fingers attacked her sides causing her to let out a burst of loud laughter. "Re-Reggie. Reg, stop!" Athena panted causing the boy to stop and laugh at her before lying on top of her, his head resting on his stomach.

"I'll pick you up for Veronica's thing." Athena rolled her eyes as she ran her fingers through his hair, loving the way it felt between her fingers. "Her confirmation. And yes, you will be. Remember you gotta look good." Reggie looked at her dead serious before putting on his stupid smirking face. "Babe, I always look good." Athena scoffed and began to shove his face, sitting up with a laugh. She knew they were in the Honeymoon phase and she just prayed that they didn't end up as she and Archie had. She needed one consistent thing in her life and right now, that was Reggie.

+ + +

Athena wore a black dress with white lace detailing that stopped just above the knee which she assumed would be Catholic chic as she herself had never been to church or a church service. A knock came from the door and she rushed towards it, knowing who it was even by the way he knocked. He knocked like he was playing music which probably annoyed other people but Athena loved it. She opened the door and saw Reggie looking handsome as hell in a blue suit that fit him in every way. He whistled at Athena causing her to laugh and do a twirl. "Babe, I hate to break this to you but I don't think they'll let you in when you look this hot."

Athena laughed as she grabbed her bag and closed the door, leaving her chest to chest with Reggie. "Right back at you, Mantle. You clean up nice. You have to wear a suit more often." Athena wiggled her eyebrows causing Reggie to gasp as they began to walk to his car. "Babe, you gotta keep it in your pants once we're in the church." Athena giggled and shoved him as she hopped in his car and he jumped in the driver's side. Automatically, he rested his hand on her thigh causing Athena to rest her hand over his hand. He turned it over and soon they were intertwined. They were disgustingly cute.

"Have you ever been to one of these things?" Athena asked, a bit nervous even if she wasn't doing anything. Reggie shook his head and glanced at her before directing his eyes back onto the road. "Hey, why don't you put on some music?" Athena gave him a soft smile, knowing that he was trying to calm her down a little. She didn't even know why she was nervous, but she just was. She turned on the radio and the song 'What's up?' started blasting through the speakers causing Athena to laugh.

"And so I cry sometimes. When I'm lying in bed just to get it all out. What's in my head. And I, I am feeling a little peculiar." Reggie sang out loud with exaggerated facial expressions causing Athena to giggle. "And so I wake in the morning. And I step outside. And I take a deep breath and I get real high. And I scream from the top of my lungs." Athena sang the next verse, unaware of Reggie watching her with amazement. She truly was a sight to behold. How could Andrews mess it up with her, he thought.

"What's going on?" They both screamed, yelling the song the rest of the way, laughing to themselves at their horrible singing. It was then when Athen realized why she liked Reggie. He made her feel like an actual teenager. He made her have hope and made her feel free. She was always solving a murder or a problem and now with him, she was completely carefree.

Okay, but honestly what the fuck is going on with Riverdale. Like Gargoyle King??? Veggie??? I feel like the actors are writing this episode or it's like weird parody fanfic because Camile and Charles are dating in real life (which is adorable omfg) and now Veggie. And then Kelly Ripa playing Hiram's mistress and his son is in it as well???? Like idek, don't even try to explain it. This chapter is just some good old cuties.

I would say I have been busy but the truth is that I don't care about Riverdale anymore and I shall be ending this at the end of this at season 2. Also randomly, I'm quitting my job at Kmart because I got a job at Nandos and I'm really nervous.

Thanks, Queenie.

(UNEDITED)