CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

"So much love that the whole thing feel like a lie

"So much love that the whole thing feel like a lie. I don't need nobody.I don't need nobody"

Athena sat in the cafeteria with her friends, feeling like it was a normal day except for the fact that they could no longer have a nice conversation without Jughead bringing up everything that Hiriam was doing. "I just loved your spin piece in the paper, Olivia Pope." Athena rolled her eyes, poking her garbage school food, something that Archie noticed. She met his eyes and he was quick to mouth to her 'are you okay?' Athena nodded in response before focusing back on the conversation.

"She didn't know, Jughead, okay? So, back off." Archie defended Veronica who smiled lovingly at her boyfriend. "Fine. I have to conserve my energy anyhow. I'm going on a hunger strike to protest Southside High closing and to get it reopened." Athena scoffed loudly causing Jughead to look over at her with a questioning gaze. "Jughead, you're always eating. No matter what you do you always have food in your hand. Good luck with that." Athena knew she was being mean but she had no patience with her friends anymore. They were so political.

"Hey, it's Jughead's prerogative to protest peacefully, so we're gonna support that, aren't we?" Athena nodded at Jughead with a smile which he returned soon after before they turned to Ethel who was talking to Veronica. "For your crimes against the town of Riverdale, for everything that you and your family have done and continue to do, we find you guilty. Your sentence is this." Athena swore that everything was happening in slow-mo as Ethel threw the strawberry milkshake with whipped cream and sprinkles right into Veronica's face, the pink liquid splattering slightly onto the others. "Ethel, what the fuck?" Athena shouted, glaring at the people that laughed at her friend.

The girls were quick to get her a spare change of clothing and could simply just watch as she rinsed her hair out in the sink of the school bathrooms. "The chilling thing is Ethel went through the trouble of bringing that milkshake here from Pop's. I mean, how mad is she?" Athena nodded, impressed at this point. "It may have been a bitch move but damn, Ethel Muggs is dedicated to her craft." Veronica sighed and continued to clean her hair.

"My dad is responsible for the Muggs family losing basically everything. And he still hasn't made amends, so...Ethel has a right to be upset." Athena understood Ethel's anger but throwing a milkshake at a girl who wasn't her father was a dick move. "So do you. That whole situation was completely uncalled for." Athena added as Betty stepped forward, concern in her eyes. "Are you sure you're okay?" Veronica dried her hair with a paper towel, a sad expression. "I'll manage."

"I'm impressed. I'd want to rip Ethel's head off." Betty added, Athena nodding in full agreement. "As my mom keeps saying, this is not the time for drama and flying off the handle. I just need to...Take deep breaths, keep smiling, turn the other cheek. Give Ethel a wide berth." Athena nodded as the girls walked out of the bathroom, in a way better state of mind leaving than they had arrived. "Veronica! I heard you got a face full of dairy. I've got some nuts to top off that shake if you want."

Athena was appalled at the sight of the words leaving her boyfriend's mouth, Betty gearing up to shout at him before Athena stepped in front of her and glared at him. "Reggie, why are you being an asshole?" She asked causing her boyfriend to brush her off as he put up a student body president poster. "I was just talking smack since we're running against each other, but I don't even have to do that because of all the shit her dad's been doing, he'll end up in jail before he can buy her way in." Athena was about to scold Reggie before she saw a fist swing at him and knock him to the ground.

Athena stood in shock as she looked at her best friend with wide eyes, her fist out in front of her and her boyfriend groaning on the floor. "V, what the hell?" The aftermath was a rush as Athena was torn between Veronica and her boyfriend. Athena knelt down next to Reggie and checked his face, seeing some light bruising already developing. Veronica still stood in front of them in shock before Betty pulled her away, getting her away from the situation. "Reggie, are you okay?" Athena asked, leaning down over her boyfriend who was quick to stand up.

"I'm fine." Athena furrowed her eyebrows at her boyfriend before grabbing his arm and dragging him into an empty classroom. "What the hell, Reggie? Care to explain why you're being such a dick? I'm listening?" Athena asked as Reggie looked anywhere but her eyes before he shook his head and clenched his jaw. "You're ashamed of me." Athena scoffed and shook her head. "I'm sorry." Reggie stood up abruptly, looking into her eyes this time.

"You're fucking ashamed of me. With your friends, with your family, with everyone." Athena had not a clue what he was talking about, leaving her at a loss for any words beyond basic. "What do you mean?" Reggie shook his head and chuckled bitterly. "I heard you and Archie at the lakehouse about getting back to where you were before and then I had to find out that your family had a whole traumatic event with your father's twin showing up and I found that out through Cheryl talking to Toni about it." Athena shook her head at Reggie at the accusations he threw at her.

"Reggie, I want Archie and I to be friends again. That is what that conversation was about. And I don't need to tell you anything about my family. I don't need to tell you all the traumatic events and I don't need your shoulder to cry on!" Athena told the boy who shook his head, already disagreeing with her and about to interrupt when she stopped him. "No, No. You don't get to say that you need to know everything about my life, Reggie. We were in the honeymoon phase before and it was great but now, we're over." Reggie huffed and rolled his eyes, not attempting to stop Athena as she stormed out of the room.

She wasn't upset, proud of herself for standing up for what she knew was right. But still, she couldn't help the tears of frustration that gathered in her eyes as she thought of Reggie Mantle. "Hey, Athena. Hey, what's wrong?" Archie Andrews appeared before her and to say Athena was not in the mood would be an understatement. She ignored him as she rushed out of the school before pulling the card out from behind her phone and calling the number.

"Hey! Sorry to bother but can I just vent to you?"

I am so bored at home and I'm laughing out loud at literally anything and I can say that after two years I finally finished the office and yes I cried. Also ain't Wattpad just driving y'all mad with these ducking glitches like damn.

Thanks, Queenie.
(UNEDITED)