CHAPTER TEN

"I've heard allegations 'bout your reputation

"I've heard allegations 'bout your reputation. I'll show you my shadows if you show yours. Let's get it right dear, give a good fight dear. We'll keep it all up behind closed doors"

"Nick and I were the 'will-they-or-won't-they' of our jet set. He's an outrageous flirt, but we never dated. We'd hop from club to club, go on these madcap adventures, stay up all night." Veronica smiled brightly as she talked about her old friend from New York. They had all heard about Nick St. Clair at one point or another from Ronnie's party days. Athena sat on the couch beside Ronnie as she and Kevin listened to her wild stories.

Archie and Betty walked into the student lounge together before swiftly sitting down next to Athena and Kevin, respectively. "Who's this?" Archie extended his arm to the back of Athena's head causing Athena to lean into his chest, her eyes still staying on Ronnie.

"It's just a ghost from my bad-girl past, Nick St. Clair, breezing to town for the open house." Ronnie leaned back into her chair with a smirk appearing on her face. "Ronnie, why didn't you date if you two got along so well?" Athena took a sip of her tea, placing it on the table in front of her.

"I don't know." Ronnie stared down at the table, thinking whilst the rest started chatting between themselves. The group got up to get to their classes before they started with Betty and Kevin heading the opposite way and Archie, Athena and Veronica heading to the class they had all together. "Athena, Archie. I was wondering if you two could come over for dinner tonight to meet Nick? Betty's busy so it would just be the three of us." Athena immediately nodded her head causing Archie to follow suit.

"Of course, Ronnie. We'll be there." Veronica smiled before they continued their way to class.

+ + +

That night, Athena would be lying if she were to say the Nick was uncharismatic. He was almost too charismatic if she had to say. "I'm so glad that you three are getting this chance to meet. Although you brown-nosing at dinner was over the top, Nicky. " The four gathered in Ronnie's room, Archie and Athena opting to sit in chairs as Nick threw himself onto Ronnie's large bed.

"How dare you? I love your mother's flan." Nick chuckled as Ronnie walked over swiped his shoes off of her white fur blankets, sitting where his feet were. "Although, I still have room for more dessert." Nick pulled out drugs from his jacket pocket causing Athena's slight smile to turn into a look of dismay. He stood up and offered Ronnie a hit to which she declined after seeing the looks of warning she was receiving from Athena and Archie.

"Veronica Lodge turning down a bump. What a brave new world it is. How about it, reds?" Athena smiled at Veronica before turning her attention back to Nick who held out his hand to her. "Sorry, Nick. We'll pass." Athena quickly intertwined her hands with Archie who looked at Ronnie with worried eyes. "So, what is it that you country mice do for fun up here? Catch lightning bugs with mason jars?"

"No, we--" Archie started before being interrupted by Veronica. "Basically." Archie and Athena stared at each other as Nick's light-hearted joke pointed out how Ronnie was still the city girl trapped in the small town. "Ronnie. What kind of kink is this?" Nick pulled down Veronica's Pussycat ears off the of the mannequin, twisting them around in her fingers.

"I wear them when playing with Josie and the Pussycats." Ronnie quickly walked up and snatched the ears out of his fingers, placing them on her vanity. "You're in a band called the Pussycats? Just when I thought you couldn't possibly get any sexier." Nick chuckled as Athena and Archie sat in the chairs, awkwardly in between the two.

"Well, Athena and I better get going. Nick, good to meet you." Archie pulled Athena up to her feet before walking out, Athena slowly trailing behind. "Sorry. Nick, lovely to meet you." Athena shook his hand before quickly pulling it away as his fingers traced around her hand. "See you later, Ronnie!" Athena walked out of the building, seeing Archie waiting outside of the Pembrooke, rubbing his hands together.

"God, I hate that guy." Athena linked arms with him before the two started walking towards his house. "I can't believe him. Offering us drugs." Archie scoffed, pulling Athena closer to him in the frosty air. The streets were silent with not a car on the road. "We have to be supportive of Ronnie though. She's good friends with this guy. We don't have to be friends with him but we have to be nice." Archie nodded before planting a soft kiss on her lips as they ended up at the front of her house.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay over?" Archie grinned at her as she chuckled. Standing on the tip of her toes, Athena pressed a kiss on his nose before walking away. "I'll see you tomorrow, lover boy!" She heard Archie chuckle behind her before walking back inside.

+ + +

The morning came and much to the chagrin of Athena and Archie, Nick joined Veronica to school and was listening to the Pussycats sing. "You Pussycats are pearls before the swine of Riverdale. You all have to come to the party I'm hosting tonight in your honor. Let's say 10:00? My hotel room at the Five Seasons." Athena subtly glared at Nick as she sat next to Archie.

"Did somebody say party?" Cheryl leaned against the doorway before strutting towards Nick. "Hi there. I'm Riverdale's resident it-girl, Cheryl Blossom. You must be Veronica's old-school chum I keep hearing about." Cheryl had her eye on the prize as she looked Nick up and down. "Nick St. Clair." He held out his hand for her to shake which she did ever so gently.

"Now that's a name I can get behind. Ten o'clock, you said? I'll be there at 11" Cheryl smirked as the two gazed at each other, making everyone else in the room slightly uncomfortable. "I'll be back." Archie abruptly walked out of the room, leaving Athena with Veronica and Kevin.

"They are looking at each other like food," Kevin whispered to her not so quietly causing Athena to chuckle loudly. "That is pretty much how Cheryl flirts." Athena stood up before walking into the hallway to find her boyfriend talking to Betty. "Betty." Athena twisted her head to find Nick and Veronica hot on her heels. Ronnie immediately going next to Betty, Athena moving to the other side.

"My old friend Nick here is having a little soirée at his hotel tonight. Will you come? Betty is my bestie and the best" Athena smiled at her friends before Nick chimed in jokingly. "I won't take no for an answer." He charismatically smiled at the girls. "I wouldn't miss it." Betty slightly smiled back causing Athena to internally sigh.

This was going to be one hell of a night. And not in a good way.

THIS EPISODE WAS INSANE. I feel so bad for Betty, the poor thing had to go through so much. NICK IS A SON OF A BITCH. JUGHEAD IS TOO PRECIOUS TO BE TREATED LIKE THIS. When I was watching the episode, I was getting really nervous as to how I could make Athena slot into the episode and I hope it isn't too bad!!! I really struggled to write this chapter because Archie isn't a huge part of it and I didn't want to insert her into the Betty storyline. There was no way I could've put her into Jugheads storyline so this is what you got and I hope it ain't shit. Also, the next chapter may be a little bit short as I'm not sure how that's going to go writing wise...

Thanks, Queenie.

(EDITED)