CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

"It's okay to say you've got a weak spotYou don't always have to be on top"

You don't always have to be on top"

Athena walked into school the next day, feeling like shit. She didn't feel like going into that school and facing the problems that were no doubt waiting for her. It's not like she had serious things happening in her life but the typical teenage things were becoming hard to deal with. She had to come back down to reality and recover after all that has happened. It seemed that she had been on the go since the 4th of July. But now, it was her time.

Athena hoped that the group would be like the '70s show. She had broken up with her Michael Kelso and they would all stay friends even if Archie was cozying up with Veronica as was being rumored around the school. Athena walked into the student lounge, rolling her eyes and Reggie winked at her before she sat down on the couch next to him. "So, when are we going to continue what we started yesterday?"

Athena sighed out and patted his knee which would no doubt encourage him further. Athena knew that their flirtationship was progressing into something else. Reggie had waited for Archie to eventually break Athena's heart and now it was his turn. "Hey, guys, what's up?" Everyone turned to Jughead and froze. With the familiar serpent jacket on his back, Athena felt Reggie's knee tense underneath her hand. "Take it off," Reggie said, sternly before standing up.

"Oh bloody hell." Athena quickly stood up beside him and walked slowly to the side as she watched as Reggie advanced towards Jughead with fury in his eyes as he had his back facing him. The serpent jacket almost mocking him. "Take off that jacket, Rat Boy," Reggie demanded causing Athena to become tense as she watched the serpents get up in their regular clothes and walk slowly to stand beside Jughead. Athena could see a fight starting in just seconds, there was no doubt about it.

"Oh, Reggie. I don't think you know what this jacket means. Because you have no sense of honor. Or history, or loyalty." Athena almost wanted to scoff at Jughead's condescending voice, knowing that the boy was looking for a fight. But Athena couldn't understand why he wouldn't just take off the damn jacket. It's not like he had been a serpent his entire life.

"That's it." Athena jumped out of the way as the Bulldogs and Serpents clashed, a thing that wasn't so uncommon these days as the two groups seemed to get into a fight every week. "Mr. Weatherbee!" Athena turned to the doorway where she saw Veronica runoff, calling Weatherbee. "Veronica, wait-" Athena clenched her teeth as she was no doubt going to get detention for being in the room.

+ + +

"You all have a week's detention for fighting. But I made myself clear to you, Mr.Jones. Take off that jacket, right now, or you're suspended." Athena sat next to Reggie in the school's office, watching as Jughead stood beside the principal and Veronica. "Jughead, please." Athena pleaded but the boy just shook his head. "Then I guess I'm suspended." Jughead walked out of the office causing Athena and Veronica to sigh out.

"Go to class, all of you!" They all stood and walked out of the office, Athena frustrated as ever. "Hey, wait up." Athena rolled her eyes and turned to Reggie who ran up beside her, slinging his arm over her shoulders. "What do you want, Reginald?" Athena asked, snarkily as they walked through the halls, ignoring the whispers that seemed to follow them.

"One, don't call me that and two, I want to start over. How about me and you go to Pop's tomorrow night?" Athena sighed out and turned to face Reggie stopped as she turned. "Why do you have to be like that? Why can't you just leave the Southsiders alone?" Reggie shrugged and shook his head. "I'm a bulldog. If I see a snake in my home, I gotta step on it." Athena raised her eyebrows and turned away, only for Reggie to grab her bicep.

"Okay, Okay. How about we just put our differences aside for one night? I like you and I know you like me because how couldn't you." Athena chuckled and shook her head before looking up at Reggie who was giving her puppy dog eyes. "Fine! But just for tomorrow night. Don't be late." Athena walked out of Reggie's grip and around the corner, unaware of the boy who was smirking and cheering to himself internally.

+ + +

Athena honestly didn't expect herself to be sitting at Pop's waiting for Reggie to show. Her back was facing the door as she impatiently tapped her foot, knowing the boy wasn't yet late but she feared the worst. But all her fears washed away as she looked up from her phone to see Reggie smiling in front of her. "I didn't expect you to show. Thought you'd leave me hanging." Reggie smirked and shook his head.

"Do you think I'd ever do that to you? You're my dancing partner." Athena let out a soft chuckle as she remembered the school dance and Jughead's party. Both didn't end well but Reggie was with her both times. "I guess you are." The two turned to the waiter who set down two milkshakes for the pair.

"Chocolate, right?" Athena asked causing Reggie to nod, shocked that the girl actually paid attention. It seemed like they were destined to end up on this path. Athena hadn't actually realized how Reggie had been there for her the past couple of months. He was there the night that a car began to follow her and Ethel and he truly was her dancing partner. Every time the girl seemed to dance, Reggie was right beside her.

Athena noticed Reggie's eyes lower at a sight behind her causing Athena to scrunch up her eyebrows and look behind her to see Archie and Veronica. She heard Reggie sigh in front of her causing her to turn back to him who seemed defeated. "Reg, what it is?" Reggie rolled his eyes and put his hand up in the direction of the two. "Andrews. As soon as he wants you back, he'll get you." Athena scoffed and shook her head, sliding her hand over Reggie's whose eyes stared at the hand.

"Yeah, I don't think that that will be happening."

Hello, my friends. I have made the mistake of seeing what season three is all about and holy shit wtf is going on. Season three looks like a parody of season 1 honestly. I appreciate the Scream reference but I can't forgive them for Joaquin. Also, I finished The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and that is fucking awesome so I think that'll be my new Riverdale. I'm not really sure how to end this book but I'll figure it out. But I seriously love Reggie and Charles and Camila kill me with their cuteness and this has kind of become a Reggie fanfic.

Thanks, Queenie.

(UNEDITED)