CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"And I'm so hot I need a fanI don't want a boy I need a man"

I don't want a boy I need a man"

Their plan to find out where the Sugarman is was completely wrecked as they got grabbed by the drug dealers and were being dragged to a weird garage where Athena assumed the drugs were. "They were following me. Tried to get in the garage." The girls walked in, Athena trying to slap the guy's hand away as Betty and Veronica got dragged behind her by some other guy.

"Athena? Betty? Veronica? " Archie questioned, looking at his girlfriend as she kept her eyes on the guy behind him. The Sugarman, hopefully. "What are you doing here?" They all asked each other at the same time causing the guy to get angry. "Wait. So, these are your bitches?" Athena laughed at the nickname they'd been given. "I beg your misogynistic pardon?" Veronica spat out at the thug in front of them.

"Why don't you take your skanks and get the hell out of here? Until you make me a better offer, there'll be no race." Athena preferred the first nickname. Her eyes wandered to Jughead as she thought about the drug dealers sentence. No Race? What race? "If you win we'll give you the Whyte Wyrm. You can expand your drug-dealing horizons and upgrade out of this literal hellhole." Athena wasn't an expert in drug dealer territory but she assumed this was a big deal as it got the guy to pause and look at them.

"We'll take the Wyrm and Sunnyside Trailer Park." Jughead hesitated before giving him a slight nod. The five teenagers walked out of the garage with their heads hung low. "Okay, what the hell were you guys doing?" Jughead asked the girls who chuckled with hesitation. "We kinda were going to sneak into the Ghoulie headquarters to find the Sugarman." Athena scratched the back of her head as Archie had an amused smile on his face.

"We'll talk about that later but right now, I have a race to prepare for." Jughead sighed as they parted ways, Athena and Archie retreating back to his house and Betty and Jughead going to the mechanics to fix up a car for the race. Veronica went to round up all of the people to support the two boys. "Archie, I swear to every god ever if you get hurt in that race, I will hurt you more." Athena lay next to him, wearing one of his old t-shirts with him wearing none. She traced swirl patterns on his chest with a smile on her face.

"Don't worry, Athena, I have a plan. Like the plan you, Veronica and Betty had when you snuck into Ghoulie headquarters." Athena buried her head into his chest as she laughed at his point. "You got me there." Athena leaned up and gave him a quick kiss before putting her head on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat. "One that hopefully keeps everyone alive." She felt Archie's chest go up and he let out a sigh causing her to close her eyes and hum.

"I'm sure it will. I wish we could stay like this forever. Our little own nirvana. But alas, we have to get to the race." The two sighed as they got up and changed before making their way down to the start of the race. The two parted with a kiss as Athena went to the other and Archie went to Jughead. "Not the kind of drag race I ever imagined myself going to, but at least the guys are hot." Kevin's mouth fell open as he looked at the leader with perfect curled black locks.

"You got that right, Kev." Athena slowly made her way back to her knight in shining armor who was getting ready to hop into the car. "Don't worry, Athena, we got this." Athena sighed and look away causing Archie to lift her chin up so he could kiss her. As they parted, Athena wore a happy but solemn expression. "Don't you dare lose this. I am counting on you to be the speed demon I know you are." Athena winked at him before pushing her lips against his before splitting apart so he could get in the car.

Athena watched from next to Reggie as her sister waved her scarf in the air signaling the start of the race. "So, Reginald. How's your mom been with the drugs?" Reggie's jaw tensed as he drank from the red solo cup. "Don't call me that and she's been a pain in the ass. I haven't gotten high since she found out. She's been keeping tabs on me day and night." Athena laughed causing Reggie to smile and shake his head at her.

"You poor thing." Athena stuck out her tongue, mockingly before hearing someone shout from in front of her. "Everyone scatter! The cops are rounding up Ghoulies!" Athena smirked, adjusting her sunglasses as she watched the ghoulies flee. "At times like these, I appreciate not being in a gang." Athena laughed out before jumping off the car hood, noticing Archie and Jughead driving back. Archie hopped out of the car, his arm instinctively going around Athena's waist.

"Thank god, you're alright," Athena whispered into his ear before they split apart. "We gotta get out of here." Athena nodded, quickly hopping into Reggie's car, watching as Archie and Jughead fought. "Goddamn Athena. Andrews is insane." They listened to Archie admit to calling the cops and waited until he and Veronica got into the car. The ride was silent as Reggie dropped Veronica off first and then Archie, Athena getting out with him.

"Thanks, Reggie." Athena waved at the boy as he drove off before turning to Archie who looked exhausted and dejected. "Are you okay?" Archie nodded slowly before slowly enveloping her into a hug. His arms were warm, he smelt like sweat and vanilla which caused Athena to smile and nuzzle her head into his neck. "Everything's going to be okay."

I have a sense everything is not going to be okay in this show. I feel like shit's gonna go down soon so I'm pumped for that. Sorry that I've been a bit slack with these chapters but I should be back up to my usual update-as-soon-as-the-episode-comes-out schedule. I hope you all are doing well and I will probably be posting tomorrow!!

Thanks, Queenie.

(EDITED)