CHAPTER NINETEEN

"A very Merry ChristmasAnd a happy new yearLet's hope it's a good oneWithout any fear

And a happy new year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear."

Athena sat on the couch, watching as her sister decorated the Christmas tree that they had bought from in front of Pop's with bright red decorations. Athena chuckled softly as she remembered the times from before when the siblings would all decorate the Christmas tree before her parents got someone to fix their decorating as they called it horrid.

The clinking of heels behind her caused Athena to twist her neck around, only to find her mother with a face filled with shock and horror. "Cheryl Marjorie Blossom, what have you done? Athena Frances Blossom, what is the meaning of this. Tell me now!" Her mother shouted causing Athena to sigh calmly and smile at her horrified face.

"Isn't it obvious, Mother? I've saved Christmas. Of course, Athena just helped by helping pick out some of the new decorations." Cheryl boasted with a huge smug smile on her face. "Personally, I like the red jellyfish the best and look how happy Nana Rose is." Athena pointed to her grandmother who played with the tinsel in the corner. "You spoiled, wretched little brats, how do you expect to pay for all this?"

"Oh. I was thinking maybe you could go to Mr. Lodge for a job? Of course, he'd probably ask what skills you have, and you'd be forced to admit that the only skill you have is being a terrible mother." Cheryl told her mother with a smile on her face. "Oh and a terrible cook. How do you mess up scrambled eggs?" Athena smiled at her mother as she glared at her daughter with her piercing eyes. Athena stood up and started walking out of the room with Cheryl not far behind.

"I guess you're going to have to get creative in the New Year," Cheryl added at the end, the two teenagers strutting out of the room before high fiving each other and going to their own rooms. Athena smiled to herself as she shut her door. The death of her brother still affected the Triplets now turned twins, but Cheryl and Athena were the closer than they ever had been before as they rallied together to stay strong against their bitch of a mother.

+ + +

Athena sat down next to Nana Rose as they both drank some tea that was brewed only moments ago. She half-heartedly listened to what she was babbling on about as most of it was nonsense that she couldn't keep up with. Cheryl sat across from the two before standing up as she heard knocking.

Athena paid no attention to it as she presumed it would most likely be carolers at this hour. But as she turned to the door when she heard footsteps, her eyes widened as she saw Archie and Betty trailing along the behind her sister who placed one hand on the back of her chair and one on the back of Nana Rose's chair. "Nana Rose, we have some questions for you about something that happened in Riverdale a long time ago." Athena bit the inside of her cheek as she stared up at the two who's eyes were focused on Nana Rose