Part Two ~ Chapter Twelve

“That’s when a chill struck me,  we were in Kathryn’s cabin. Dead Kathryn’s cabin.”

-Amy

------------

          I drummed my fingers on the table in the dining hall, waiting for the rest of my friends to get their dinner on Thursday night. The aroma of chicken-parmesan drifted through the air, making me even more eager for my friends to get here. I had an idea that I wanted to propose to them, urgently.

   My eyes trailed the cafeteria for them, but they were nowhere to be found.

            “Hurry up…” I muttered under my breath as my fingers tapped the table.

            “Talking to yourself, now?”

            I jumped as Matt showed up behind me, scaring me just as he loves to do. “Stop it,” I smacked his arm as he sat down beside me. “You know I hate people sneaking up on me.”

            “What do you hate?” Andrew asked, sitting down across from me with his tray of food.

            “Nothing,” I shook my head. “Don’t want to give you any ideas on the things I hate.”

            Andrew rolled his eyes at me, and I just helped myself to some orange slices on his plate.

            “Hey-“ he protested, but I just shrugged and popped them in my mouth with a smirk. I was in a good mood today, so I could care less that I might be angering the angry Andrew. I had an idea plotting in my head that I’m ashamed to say excited me just a little bit.

            “Where’s Jules?” I asked Matt, taking a small sip of my water. My lips puckered up and my eyes squinted as I spit the water back out immediately.

            “In the bathroom?” Matt said, looking at me questioningly.

            “Ewww! Andrew, what the hell did you put in this?”

            Andrew held up a pack of salt with a sly smile on his face, which I swiped from his hand and dumped the rest into his soda. “Hah,” I stuck out my tongue at him.

            “Hey guys,” Julia gave us a small smile as she sat down next to Andrew.

            “Finally, all four of us are here!” I exclaimed, pushing aside my salty glass of water. “Now I can tell you my master plan!”

            “Here we go,” Andrew muttered.

            “You- shut your face.” I pointed a finger at Andrew. “Don’t bring me down, I’m in a good mood right now.”

            “So, what’s your plan?” Julia asked me.

            “Okay, well,” I started off slowly. “Since there’s no possible way to get that letter back from Kathryn, I figured tonight we could go searching around her cabin for clues!”

            I waited for the applause and a surplus in praises, but they never came. Nope, instead the three of them just stared at me blankly.

            “Come on guys! You know exploring Kathryn’s cabin is better than just sitting on our butts all day long!”

            “What do you suppose we will find?” Julia questioned.

            “Maybe something connecting her to Mr. Grey?” I suggested. “I don’t know, but none of us will know what Kathryn has to do with all of this until we start looking!”