Chapter 2

CHAPTER TWO

I groaned as the sunlight hit my face. I sighed and got up to get ready for another day of torture. School. I took a quick shower and got dressed. My parents left for the morning and I was running late. I overslept and if I didn’t leave now I would be late for school. I grabbed an apple and dashed out the door. As I was coming out my house Lucas was coming out of his and heading towards his silver Hyundai Genesis Coupe car. It really was beautiful. He saw me and waved me over. I was hesitant at first but made my way as casual as possible.

“Hey” I did a small wave as I approached him.

“Hey” he flashed me a dazzling smile. He looked at his watch then looked at me. “Do you want a ride to school?” he offered. My eyes popped out of my head and my heart accelerated by the second. Lucas was offering me a ride to school. All my life I’ve been dreaming of this moment, to finally be in a car with Lucas Smith. Yes I may have known him for sixteen years but I’m a babbling idiot who can’t conjure up anything sensible to even have a really good conversation with him. The only time I'm not tongue tied is when we’re communicating back and forth on our pads through our windows or when we were little and everything was perfect.

I inhaled deeply before nodding my head. He smiled and walked over to the driver’s side. I opened the door and slipped into the passenger's seat.  I inhaled his aroma and sighed. His car smelled like him. I’m cherishing every moment in this car.

Lucas started the car and took off towards school. The car ride was silent, but it wasn’t awkward, just peaceful. I rested my head on the seat and watched as houses passed by. All of a sudden Lucas’s phone went off signalling he got a text. It was right next to me settled in between his seat and mine.

“Can you get that, I can’t check it because I’m driving” he smiled at me. I blushed lightly as I gently picked up his phone.

“Are you sure you want me reading you’re messages?” I asked amazed.

“Would I be asking you to answer it if I wasn’t?” he smirked. My heart fluttered as he looked at me. With shaky hands I opened his phone.  He got a text message from none other than Megan, the cold hearted witch. I bit the insides of my jaws before reading the message.

Baby why aren’t you at school yet? You promised to come early so we could have some fun before the bell rings ;)

I read the message out loud for Lucas. I watched as his eyes turned weary and he let out an annoyed sigh. To be honest I was glad about his reaction to Megan’s message. He didn’t look too happy about it.  I bit my lip trying to hold my smile. He looked over at me apologetically. I smiled and waved my hand as if it were nothing. He smiled back at me which only made my smile bigger. We continued to smile like idiots as he entered the school parking lot. But what we saw waiting for us in the parking lot made our smiles falter. A not so happy Megan was waiting impatiently with a very angry look on her face. Uh- Oh