Chapter 13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

My nose wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. In the next couple of days it was good as new. It was late and I was in my room finishing an early assignment when there was a knock on my window. I stopped typing on my laptop and sat there listening if it was the trees or something else. The tapping went again. It was definitely not a tree. I got up and made my way to my closed curtained window. I opened the curtains and almost fainted when I saw Lucas smiling brightly at me. I stood there for a minute wondering if this was a dream. Did I fall asleep while doing my work and could be possibly dreaming right now.

“Taylor are you going to let me in or maybe you don’t…” he started but I quickly opened the window and let him in. He hoped in gracefully and brushed off his worn out blue jeans.

“Hey” he smiled. I stood there the memories rushing back to when Lucas and I were younger and he would climb into my room all the time. I missed those days so much. I looked up and saw Lucas looking at me with a weird look on his face, like he was trying to figure something out, or making a decision. I tucked a piece of hair behind my ears and walked over to my bed.

“So what brings you by” I laughed lightly as I sung my legs and looked everywhere but him. He shuffled over to my bed and sat down.

“I just thought that I would visit an old friend and her room… which haven’t change since the last I’ve been here” he chuckled looking around. I blushed and looked down at my feet. “Taylor if you don’t want me to –” he started but I cut him off holding up both my hands and shaking my head frantically. He laughed a little and nodded his head.

We spent the next few hours talking and laughing about everything and nothing. It felt like old times. I know me and Lucas have been communicating again two years ago but this feels different, this feels stronger and more real than having a conversation on paper and having to be blocked out by glass. I could read emotions on his face clearer and talking to him was so easy. It reminded me of the day in the park where it was just like old times. I couldn’t stop smiling as he laughed and punched my shoulder lightly. I loved hearing him laugh. I could sit here and listen to him laugh and be happy. It was good to see him laugh it made me feel good inside. And his smile could light up the whole town but I haven’t seen it in a while since Megan brought him down. I just wish that he would wake up and realize that I’ve been here the whole time and he belongs with me not Megan.

“I better get going it’s getting late” Lucas said reluctantly looking at his watch. I looked over at the clock by my bed and saw that it was well past midnight. My eyes widened with surprise. Wow we’ve been talking for a long time. I looked over at him and saw that he was staring at me. I suddenly felt self conscious. He gently brushed his hand against my cheek and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear that has fallen into my face. I blushed and looked into his eyes. He smiled at me thinking deeply about something before getting up and walking to the window. He turned around and gave me one of his heart warming smiles making my heart flutter and my breath caught in my throat.

“I’m glad that I have an amazing friend to talk to” he smiled quietly. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. He put one leg over the ledge and looked back at me before saying something that made everything around me disappear and not matter but him and his words. “Also you’re even more beautiful without your glasses” he whispered and then left leaving me staring after him with my mouth hung open with utter shock.