Chapter 8

CHAPTER EIGHT

The rest of a day was a blur to me. The bell rang and it was time to go home. I wasn’t fully aware of my surroundings and bumped into someone causing to fall down and me to fall along on top of them. I looked up into those sea deep green eyes and my face heated. I scrambled of Lucas and gave him a hand pulling him up.

“I guess this can be our new way to say hello seeing it happens a lot” he joked nudging me in the side. I blushed harder and fixed the oversized glasses that were falling off my face.

“I’m extremely sorry” I apologized. He smiled kindly and waved it off.

“No need to apologize” he said peering into my eyes again causing my legs to go jelly. I leaned on my locker and let out a shaky breath. He was about to say something but was cut off by a high pitch squeal.

“Lucas.” I looked over his shoulder to see Megan strutting down the hallway in a white miniskirt and pink belly shirt.

“Hey” he smiled lightly giving her a kiss on the cheek but she wasn’t satisfied with that. She grabbed his face and kissed him hard opening only one eye to look at look at me. She let go of him and turned smirking at me. I glared at her showing her that she didn’t scare me one bit.

“I’ll see you later Taylor” Lucas smiled taking Megan’s hand but she didn’t budge.

“Um you go on ahead I’ll catch up I just want to have a quick word with Taylor” Megan told him sweetly. He looked at me hesitantly not wanting to leave me alone with her but I gave him a reassuring smile. He nodded his head and headed off to his car. She watched making sure he was out of sight before turning around to glare at me.

“Listen you slut, stay away from my boyfriend” she hissed. I backed up a little from how close she has gotten to my face. I narrowed my eyes and took a step forward folding my arms.

“You’re not cheating on Lucas are you” I said it more of a statement than a question. For a second I saw fear flash in her eyes but just as quick as it came it disappeared.

“No” she said forcefully glaring at me. I opened my mouth to say more but she didn’t let me speak before turning around and following after Lucas. I glared at her retreating back. Let’s hope for her sake she really isn’t cheating on Lucas.

I was so caught up in my thoughts I almost had a heart attack when someone clasped their hand on my shoulder. I turned around and let out a breath when I saw that it was David, Selena’s older brother.

“What did the ice queen want from you” he joked looking down at me with warm brown eyes. I laughed and shrugged my shoulders. David was a senior, a year older than me and is also on the football team. He was quite the looker and everyone loves him, the only difference from him and all those other jock jerks is that he doesn’t let popularity go to his head. He was a really cool guy who gives amazing advices and believe it or not was also good friends with Lucas.

“Come on, let’s go find my annoying little sister.” He joked wrapping his arm around my waist and leading me through the hallways. We found her by the front door talking to one of her tennis friends. She had practice so David dropped me home and Selena promised that she would come over after her tennis practice. David decided to keep me company until his sister came. He didn’t have to, but he insisted. He was such a great friend.