Chapter Four

Madison awoke early Monday morning in order to prepare for Brandon's arrival. Long before the children even opened their eyes she was seated at the dinning table with the file spread across in front of her. The Haywood's must have put a lot of thought into it because it was extremely detailed. It included everything, from a list about his likes to a full history of his academic past.

"Likes" Madison read allowed before taking a sip of her hot chocolate – she always hated coffee – "Toronto Blue Jays baseball games, the colour blue, old murder mystery movies, staying up late and sleeping in, reading of any kind, motorcycles, playing basketball or baseball, Italian food, anything with chocolate". Madison nodded to herself as she reviewed the likes again. It seemed easy enough to remember.

"Okay lets see the dislikes now" she grabbed another sheet and looked over it "citrus fruit. That's it?" she frowned in confusion and turned it around to look on the other side, but nothing was there either "alright, seems he likes everything but citrus fruit" she shrugged a little.

The history explained about the sports he played through his youth, his high school awards, his university courses. She noticed he put a lot of time and thought into his schooling. Looking at his grades showed that he had graduated with top honors – she had to admit she was impressed.

Included in the file was a stack of photographs. She had noticed that there went any hanging around the house, she wasn't sure if that was because Brandon didn't like photos or if his family removed them to avoid messing with his delusions. She glanced over them; there were pictures of when he was a child on a baseball team, from prom and from his wedding. Her eyes lingered over the wedding image for a moment. Brandon looked so young, and the woman next to him was certainly beautiful. Madison knew she was always cute but this woman was attractive, jut walking down the street she was bound to get some looks. She turned it over and read the names on the back "Brandon Haywood and Madelyn Quinn".

She took a closer look at Madelyn "what happened to you?" she whispered. There wasn't much she knew other than what she over heard from Matt and Brandon. Madelyn died thirteen years ago along with their son in a tragic accident. That could have been or meant anything. She sighed a little and gathered the sheets of paper back in the folder – just in time too.

"Mommy" Emma came skipping into the room.

"Good morning darling" Madison said lifting the little girl into her lap "how was your night in your new room?" she ran her fingers through the girls hair lightly trying to take out any tangles. Emma and Ella were just like their mother. They all moved around so much in their sleep that their hair often got tangle and fuzzy.

"Good" Emma said "but I kind of miss sharing a room with Ella". The little girl made a mix between a pouty and an icky face.

Madison laughed and tapped the little girl on her nose "lets give it until the weekend. If you still miss sharing a room then you and I can talk about moving you guys in together again". She was expecting this conversation to come up; she knew at first the girls would miss sharing a room. But once they got use to it they were bound to enjoy it. "Besides" she added "your room is pink".

Emma thought about it for a moment "that's true, and Ella's is purple".

She nodded and smiled "that is very true". To be honest she was also hoping the little distance might help Ella to come out of her shell. She worried sometimes that Emma might over shadow her with her more extraverted personality.

"When is daddy coming home?" Emma asked. It seemed as though the girls had no issue adjusting to the idea of Brandon being their dad. All they could talk about yesterday was about when he was coming. Madison on the other hand could have put his arrival off for as long as possible.