Chapter Sixteen

Up until this point Madison was able to successfully conceal her morning sickness from Brandon. She was only ever sick in the early morning and she was able to finish in the bathroom before he awoke or use the downstairs bathroom when he showered. But all good things must come to an end.

Her morning sickness had been extremely bad this morning and no matter how hard she tried she wasn't able to shake the nauseous feeling. She had a cup of tea at the side that was still warm but she had barely drunk anything. She was nibbling on saltine crackers but still nothing worked. Maybe cooking the bacon had just put her over the top because the moment she got a sniff of it she was rushing to the washroom.

As luck would have it she pushed herself against Brandon who was coming through the hallway. Although he called after her she still rushed away. Without a chance to close the door she fell to her knees and was sick into the bowl.

Brandon entered the bathroom behind her "Babe are you-," he gasped when he saw her on her knees gagging. Quickly he jumped into his role as husband. He closed the door so the children wouldn't be able to see and he kneeled next to her. His hands gently pulled her hair out of her face.

Softly he would whisper soothing words to her and he stroked her hair lovingly. When she was finally finished and was able to sit straight Brandon got her a glass of cool water.

She rinsed out her mouth and smiled softly at him "thank you dear. I'm so sorry you had to see me this way. Maybe it's just a twenty-four hour bug".

Brandon reached forward and felt her forehead "you're not warm but you do seem a little pale. Have you been feeling like this all morning?"

Madison sighed and nodded, she leaned back against his chest and rested her head against his shoulder. She took a few deep breaths before she was finally able to stand again. "I'm okay dear I swear" she glanced at the clock "if you don't leave soon you're going to be late".

Brandon sighed a little "I don't feel comfortable leaving you here alone. I have a meeting this morning that I cant cancel now but I can take the afternoon off and will be home at lunch time". He really wished he could have stayed the entire day but there was no way of getting out of the meeting. But he also couldn't leave his wife alone for the whole morning. What if she got sick again and no one was there to help her. He leaned forward and gave her cheek a kiss "I'll drive the kids to school". He headed to the kitchen to get a bowl of cereal for each kid ready before he headed upstairs.

He knocked on the kid's door each in a rush before he snuck off to his own room to make a few calls. First he tried getting in contact with Madison's friend Brooklyn but he forgot she was busy with work today. His mother was having the woman over to tea but said she could cancel if he really needed her to. He tried Isabella but she wasn't available either. He thought he was out of options until he remember her one old friend.

He searched his phone until he finally found her number. "Hey Kennedy" he said a little more cheerful then he should have been. This was his last chance and he really didn't want to leave Madison alone.

"Hello?" Kennedy answered back a little shocked "Mister Haywood?"

"Brandon" he corrected "you're my wife's friend, you get to call me by my first name".

"Is there something wrong?" Kennedy asked now sounding a little concerned but not overly "is there something I can do for you?"

"Well you see I was wondering if you were free today".

"Umm... excuse me?" was Kennedy's answer.

Brandon then realized how bad that must have sounded. He randomly called a woman up and asked if she was free today. That could not have given a good impression. "No, not like that I swear" he said quickly trying to fix things "I am very much dedicated to my wife. Well I mean we love each other. And we are loyal. So there is nothing like that going on I swear".