Chapter Seventeen

"You two look so darling" Brandon smiled and clapped his hands as he saw Emma and Ella come down the stairs on Halloween night.

The two little girls gave a twirl, causing their princess dresses to puff out. Both girls had decided to dress as princesses. Emma's dress was hot pink and Ella's was a pale purple with both of them wearing tiaras.

Their mother came down shortly after them also dressed in long flowing gown, but hers was a pale blue color.

"You look beautiful' Brandon smiled ad stepped towards her. He gave a small bow and grabbed onto her hand, giving it a gentle kiss.

"You don't look too bad yourself" Madison giggled a little and looked him up and down. He had on a classic Disney worthy king's outfit, completed with a crown and fake sword.

Noah walked up behind them grumbling a little as he fiddled with his matching prince outfit "I can't believe you tricked me into wearing this".

"Well technically we didn't trick you" Madison said "it was just unfortunate that Anna heard us talking about our costume theme and thought it would be a good idea for you two to dress as a prince and princess to the school dance".

He grumbled a little more and gave a small shrug "well I'm off to go get her".

"Have a good time tonight" Brandon said "be home by eleven".

His son nodded "yeah sure" he grabbed his wallet and then headed out the door to collect Anna.

"Is Kennedy going to be here soon?" Brandon asked "the girls are going to grow restless soon for treats".

Madison checked the clock hanging in the hallway "yeah she'll be here any minute".

The old friends had started to reconnect over the last few days, and had actually talked on several occasions. When Kennedy mentioned that she would have to work on Halloween night Madison agreed to take Caleb and Callum trick or treating with her girls.

"Caleb and Callum are going to be dressed in princess theme right?" Emma said determinedly. Her attitude hadn't warmed much in the recent days but Madison was convinced that it was only a temporary phase.

"I'm not sure baby girl" Madison said calmly " I mentioned it to Kennedy".

Brandon got a bowl of candy read to put out on the front porch "so what are you guys most looking forward to?" he asked with a smile.

"Candy!" both girls called at the same time.

Madison laughed a little "was there really any other answer?" she said with a wink to Brandon. "That must be Kennedy and the boys," she added when the doorbell rang.

Brandon smiled and pulled open the door. He let out a dramatic gasp "oh my!" he held up his hands in defeat "don't hurt me dragon!"

"Dragon?" Madison asked walking up behind Brandon. She couldn't help but giggle a little when she saw small Caleb standing on her porch in a bright orange dragon costume, the head nearly falling in his face and of course standing braiding him in an identical red dragon suit was Callum. "My oh my it's two dragons".

"Roar" Caleb said making a scary face and sticking his hands out as if they were claws.

Kennedy smiled and rested her hand on her son's head "thanks so much for doing this. I tried to switch my shift with someone but the boss wouldn't let me."

"I'm just sorry you have to miss it" Madison said softly. She always loved going out on Halloween night with her children and seeing the excitement on their faces.