Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Mommy! Daddy!" Ella and Emma cheered together as they came running into Madison and Brandon's bedroom Christmas morning. Both girls were dressed in family matching pajamas. For Christmas Eve Madison gave everyone a pair of fuzzy red pajamas with cute little brown reindeers.

Brandon smirked at his wife and gave her a small wink. Both of them had awaken nearly an hour ago and had been busy cuddling in each others arms waiting fro their children to come awaken them.

The two parents firmly closed their eyes again and waited to feel the rocking of the bed as the twins jumped on top of them.

"Wake up" Ella whined as her small arms wrapped around her mother.

Emma copied her sister and climbed on top of their dad. "Daddy" she whined against him "its Christmas".

"Gifts and trees and cookies" Ella added as she bounced a little on the bed. Emma much has thought this would be a good way to awaken their parents because she too started to join in on the jumping.

"Come onnnnnnnn" the two girls called together. Their loud never ending whining caused both Brandon and Madison to let out a light laugh.

"You're awake!" the girls cheered and started to jump. "Lets go, lets go," they cheered again.

All the commotion attracted the attention of Noah and he came into the room. "What's all this noise about?" He asked with a teasing smile. Of course he knew it was the holidays but he wasn't about to get out of having fun with his little sisters.

"Noah!" the two girls gasped. "Santa came last night! It is time for gifts and candy and cookies".

"And turkey" Noah added with a smile as he let Ella climb onto his back.

Brandon got out of bed and lifted Emma onto his back "okay girls lets go down to see the tree that Santa came to visit last night". And with that the two boys and the twins headed down stairs as the air filled with the giggles of the twins.

Madison laughed as she climbed out and grabbed hold of her red bilk bathrobe. She tugged her hair back quickly to make herself look at least a little presentable. She paused for a moment as she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror. She stomach was slightly round and starting to push it's way through her shirt. With three and almost four months of her pregnancy under her belt the belly was certainly growing.

She rested her hand gently over where her baby was safe inside. By next Christmas she will have her baby boy or girl by her side. She rubbed her belly slowly and thought about what it would be like to be a mother to a baby again. She hoped she wasn't too old for it now.

But before she could think another thought Brandon was calling to her "babe come on we are waiting for you!"

She smiled softly and made her way down to join her family around the Christmas tree.

"Can we open them now?" Ella asked taking hold a brightly coloured box that held a large bow.

Madison laughed a little "yes we can open some of them now, but grandma and grandpa are coming with more gifts later. Kennedy, Caleb and Callum are going to be coming for dinner too".

"Can Caleb spend the night?" Ella asked. The two softer-spoken children had gotten closer together. Just as Emma and Callum grew closer. With each passing day they grew more like siblings.

"What about Callum?" Emma asked.

Brandon chuckled a little "I don't think they will be spending the night tonight. But maybe we can ask about them having a sleepover here one day soon".