Chapter Eight

"So how did your date go last week?" Brooklyn was standing in Madison's kitchen just after lunch on Sunday. She had agreed to come early to tea in order to help Madison set up.

"Well the zoo and the movie were great. He even carried me up the Canadian domain hill because I was tired" Madison said. She knew what Brooklyn was getting at, but she was trying to avoid it. Ella had come in and interrupted them at just the right moment, especially since Brandon has now talked about having another baby.

"Oh come on Madison you know what I mean" Brooklyn cut another batch of sandwiches into triangles. She glanced at Madison and trust her hips forward with a wink.

"Did someone get it on?" Isabelle now joined the group carrying a tray of mini cupcakes for dessert. She set the tray on the table and grabbed some napkins and utensils to start rolling together. Now the eyes were all on Madison.

She sighed a little as she grabbed the tea pot "fine" she grumbled knowing she wasn't going to win this one. "He and I were about to but Ella came in from a nightmare so we stopped".

"The life of motherhood" Isabelle said.

"The struggle of having children and an active sex life" Brooklyn added with a shake of her head. "But you guys can always try again" she insisted.

"Yeah I don't know about that," Madison said with a sigh as she boiled the tea. When the girls looked at her curiously she shrugged a little and said, "Maybe it was a sign it just wasn't meant to be. I mean he doesn't know the truth. It's wrong to have sex with him in this situation".

"Now look here Madison" Brooklyn said turning to face her with her arms crossed over her chest like she was in her teacher mode "you are one attractive young lady, and Brandon would be silly not to find you attractive. Brandon's memories might be fake but that doesn't change the way he looks at you. Last week he found you attractive and wanted to have sex with you. That wasn't something from the past. That is here and now".

Madison sighed a little and looked down unable to meet their eyes "then what do I do?" she asked. She hadn't needed to impress a guy in a long time and she wasn't sure she knew how.

"I think if he's attracted to you and you're attracted to him then you should go for it" Isabelle said "you are still a woman with needs. And there is nothing wrong with having sex with the man you live with".

"We should have a girls day out, we can go to the mall and buy yourself some new sexy clothes" Brooklyn said with a wink.

"I still don't know guys" Madison hesitated for a moment. She wasn't sure how they would react to this. And she certainly wasn't sure how she was going to handle Brandon wanting another baby. "I don't think I can".

"And why ever not?" Isabelle insisted.

"Brandon wants to try for another baby," she said softly.

"What?" Brooklyn's jaw nearly dropped "when did that come up?"

"After we went to the doctors on Friday, he just brought it up out of no where" Madison said still confused by it all.

"Well I suppose it would make sense," Isabelle said with a small shrug. When the others looked at her confused she expected "Madelyn was pregnant when she died. And I mean if the accident set him off thinking that you are his wife maybe it also makes him think that you should be having a baby".

"I guess that makes sense," Brooklyn said "but you can't very well have a baby. I mean you aren't even together for real".

"I know I can't" Madison said with a sigh. "I really don't know what to do. You guys say I should go for it and have sex with him but how can I do that without having to discuss having a baby with him?"