Chapter 24

~Vesper~

"I WANT BLOOD!!"

"We know MB," I pant as we run behind him.

MB could be on the track and field team. Trying to catch up with him is a struggle. As soon as we untangled ourselves, MB made a mad dash after Circe who was already running and laughing hysterically. (I think Talon is already reserving an asylum for her.)

Right now, MB is chasing Circe to kill her and Talon and I are chasing MB before he does anything too rash. I am running behind Talon, making goals to visit a gym. Lungs burning is not something pleasurable.

"YOU ARE SO DEAD CIRCE!" MB yells after her, "SO DEAD!"

"YOU'LL HAVE TO CATCH ME FIRST!" she yells back, running around the bushes. It's amazing she hasn't been caught yet. She runs around, looking for something. It seems like she found it because the next thing we see is Circe laughing as she pedals down the driveway on a mint green bicycle.

"COME AND CATCH ME MB!" the girl squeals excitedly.

MB doesn't hesitate. We see him hop on a bike hidden by the rose bushes and pedals ragingly a few meters behind her with a grimace on his face. "DON'T WORRY," he growls, "I SURELY WILL."

I think we all worry for those two. We stop running as we stare at them pedaling right in front of the mansion. I bend over panting as Talon circles a bush frantically.

"Come on! We've got to hurry."

I stare at Talon as if he is as crazy as his sister. "I'm not running after them again."

"We won't have to." Talon smiles as he bends behind a bush. He rises again and come back rolling a red bike beside him. "Circe catered for us."

I look at the bike and back at Talon's face trying to find him out. I start to walk off. "Okay then. Good luck catching your sister." He catches my hand.

"Oh no no no, Feisty," he chuckles evilly, "You're coming with me."

"No I'm not! That bicycle is made for one!"

"I can make two possible."

"How?"

"I ride and you sit on the handle bars."

I shake my head vigorously. "Not happening."

"Yes." He sits down on the seat, "So happening."

"I won't fit."

"Yes you will."

"My butt is too big and I'm too heavy."

I instantly regret what I say because Talon smirks mischievously and looks at me up and down, checking me out shamelessly. 

The perv.

"You look all fine to me. You'll fit perfectly. Now stop making excuses and get on. Circe and MB must be far by now and I don't want my sister dead. Yet."

I ignore the last part, think for a second and give him a devilish grin. "How light are you?"

                                                                                           ***

On a bright and sunny day, maybe you are driving to work. Or you're going to the mall with your kids to buy some shoes for their feet. Or maybe you are going to some friend's house to watch a movie but didn't have the heart to tell your excited friend you've already seen it. Whatever it may be, you just happen to look out your car window and (Don't lie now!), you are in a state of shock.