Chapter 25 |2|

~Vesper~

I think I'll start with the weather.

Right now, it will sound better than our current circumstance.

There is no sun. There are clouds. They are like hundreds of  moody, pregnant women. Presently, they are all experiencing labor.

The rain is cold. And wetter than wet, if you know what I mean. Our clothes might as well be sixty percent water. My grey jeans look black and my hair can hydrate many without help. Circe's hoodie isn't helping her anymore as she is now soaked through. Latte is in the same condition hair wet and standing on end. Talon's straight, shoulder length, black hair manages to still look attractively messy in the rain. My poor eyes also witness the abs that seem to protrude out of his now distressed t-shirt. MB is a reflection of our one hour misery; leaves, mud, water and a lot of emotion.

Just that his emotion is more intensified than ours.

He is the one with loaded guns at his neck.

Can you guess the present emotion?

The poor boy looks like he can barely stand. 

The bearded man, who opened the door and got... hurt..., recovers and stands between the bulky men and MB. Glaring, he says lowly for all of us to hear, "You shall pay for that."

"No Giotto!"

All heads turn to Circe. The supposedly Giotto seems to recognize her as he looks at her in open shock. "Mirodenie!"

"MIRODENIE?!" exclaims Talon and I, simultaneously.

"He is my friend!" Circe runs up and wedges herself between MB and Giotto. "Tell your men to stand down. He is MB; my friend. Not a threat. " She stretches her hand out at us. "That's my brother, Talon and my friend Vesper. They are no harm."

Giotto eyes us suspiciously for a while. "They would not talk?"

Circe nods her head. "They will not talk."

Giotto plays with his silver hoop earrings as he walks toward us. I feel my throat close up as he circles us like a hawk. He watches us with his piercing eyes, unfaltering even though he walks in the rain. Talon is trying his best not to look frightened. His tense muscles fail him.

While he stares at us, I study him. He has long dreadlocks just like me; just that they are black. He is slightly taller than Talon. As for his clothes... lets just say that he isn't a fan of trend. There is something else though.

He looks familiar even though I have never seen him in my life. Strange.

"Well, are you going to stare at me all day old man?"

Giotto looks at me in shock and I know Talon is in the same condition. I smirk. "I'm feeling a bit under the weather, you know."

Giotto looks back at Circe. "I like this one." He shakes his finger at me. "I think I'll call you Star or better yet Stea."

I almost freeze but I cover it up with a smile. I place my hand on my hip. "I've already got a name. It's Vesper."

"I don't really care," he says waving dismissively. "Let the Fantoma go."

The burly men lowered their guns and I could see MB and Circe sigh in relief. Giotto walks away from us and stands facing Circe with a blank expression.

"Mirodenie."

"Giotto."

"This move can get us killed."

Circe laughs. "Don't be so negative!" she says giving him a slightly rough punch in his chest.

The man sighs and suddenly envelopes her in a hug. "It's been a while."