Chapter 5-The Tell

Authors Note: So this episode was revolved mostly around Parent-Teacher Night and Scott and Allison skipping school, so I'm gonna revolve it around Laken and Derek as much as I can before. Also, your gonna learn a little more about Laken's relationship with Jackson and everyone she knows, and your gonna have a little Laken and Jackson moment near the end of the chapter.

*******

Laken walked up to Allison and Scott, a small box in her hand. The couple that had, moments ago, been talking about skipping class greeted her with smiles.

"Happy birthday, Allison." Laken faked a smile on her face, holding the box out, "For you." 

"Oh you didn't have to get me anything." Allison opened the box to find a gold bracelet, an arrow connecting the two chains together. 

"I didn't. Lydia to me to give it too you. Said it be nice." Laken said before leaving.

"She doesn't like me very much does she?" Allison asked her boyfriend. 

"Laken has a hard time trusting people." Scott said as they walked out.

"Yet, she trust Jackson?"

"Laken and Jackson have always had each other, even before I came into the picture. I only met Stile and Laken in third grade." Scott told her, "But let's not talk about them birthday girl." 

********

Laken's phone started ringing as she got her books out her locker. She pulled it out her back pocket, smiling as she saw Derek's name.

"You just saw me." She laughed, leaning against her locker, twirling a piece of hair around her finger. 

"I know." Derek smiled on the other side of the phone in the front seat of his car, "I'm in the parking lot. Skip school." 

"I don't know." Laken bit her lip, "Tonight's parents night and I don't want the teachers to tell my dad." 

"Anyone in the hallway?" He asked.

"Only me." 

"All I needed to hear." Derek hung p the phone, and Laken raised an eyebrow just as Derek came into the doors. 

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

Derek said nothing, pulling her to the office.

"Hi." Derek smiled at the secretary, "I'm a family friend, and I'd like to take Laken out for the day." 

"Just sign her out and she's free to go." 

Derek quickly signed the papers her needed to before pulling her out the office, her giggling behind him. 

*******

"What's with your friendship with that Whittemore kid? He seem's overprotective of you." Derek said, holding the door to the hell house open, letting Laken step inside. 

"Jackson and I have been friends since kindergarten. He's always been there for me, even more than Stiles and Scott. He knows more about me then my brother, Scott and Dad put together." Laken shrugged her shoulders.