Chapter 21-Raving

"Stop protecting him, Laken!" Derek shouted at his girlfriend as they stood in her bed room.

Stiles had gone to meet up with their dad to eat. Laken would've went but Derek called her and from their make out session went from passionate and steaming, to them yelling at each other after a text from Jackson came through to Laken. 

"I'm always going to protect him!" Laken screamed back, throwing her arms around. "He's my best friend!" 

"Is he? Or do you still love him!?" The alpha glared at her. 

Laken paused, looking at her boyfriend in shock, "What?" 

"You still love Jackson." 

"Are you serious right now?" Laken looked at him, "I'm with you! I love you! Why are you doubting that I love you?!" 

"You're always protecting him! And every other person." 

"If you haven't noticed you ass, I'm a guardian angle. I'm supposed to protect him, and Scott, and my brother, and Isaac, and Boyd and Erica. Because I'm protecting them, does that mean I'm in love with all of them, too? Even my twin brother?" 

"How am I supposed to know? You're always running around with them!" 

"Because we're all friends! Oh my god, are you being serious right now?" 

"What do you expect me to think?!" 

"Get out." 

"What? No." 

"Derek, get the hell out of my house!" Laken screamed. 

"Hey! What's going on?" Noah walked into his daughters bedroom. 

"Nothing." Derek looked down at his girlfriend, who now had tears in her eyes but she wouldn't look at him. "I was just leaving." 

Laken let a tear roll down her cheek as the older guy walked passed her Dad and out of the room. 

"Lake? You wanna talk about it?" Noah softly asked. 

"No." She quickly wiped the tears away. "I just wanna be alone." 

XXX

"Scott, I don't wanna see his face right now." Laken mumbled as she stood in the back room or the vet with Scott. 

"Why not? I thought things were okay between the two of you." Scott looked down at one of his best friends. 

"I thought we were too." Laken frowned, "Do you, do you think I still love Jackson?" The brunette girl looked up at Scott.

"What? Is that what the two of you fought about?" Scott raised an eyebrow at her.

"Yeah." She frowned. "I mean he's not wrong, but I don't love Jackson like I love him. Why won't he believe that?" 

"Because you're protecting Jackson. Because Jackson is your best friend and the two of you are so close, closer than most. But that's because you and Jackson have a past together."