Chapter 19-Frenemy

Chasing after her best friend, who turned into a lizard, wasn't how Laken wanted to spend her night. She would rather be with her boyfriend, having a nice night. But this was Beacon Hills and Laken knew that normal wouldn't be in her life for a while, maybe ever.

Her brother's voice brought her from her trance, and she noticed they were in front of a club, one she was very familiar with. "Sorry, I'm sorry. Did you see where he went?" Stiles asked.

"I lost him." Scott told them.

"What? You couldn't catch his scent?" Laken asked.

"I don't think he has one."

"Alright, any clue where he's going?"

"To kill someone."

"Ah, that explains the claws and fangs and all that. Everything makes perfect sense now." Stile's voice was sarcastic and made Scott roll his eyes.

"What? Scott, Laken and I are one-hundred and forty-seven pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is our only defense."

"Just help me find it." Scott paused, "And Lake is tanner than you are."

"It's not an it." Laken glared at him, "It's Jackson."

"I know, Lake." Scott sighed.

"Alright, but does he know that? Did anybody else see him back at your house?"

"Uh, I don't think so. But he passed Derek's test anyway."

"Yeah, but that's just the thing, how did he pass the test?"

"I don't know."

"Maybe it's like an either or thing. Derek said that a snake can't be poisoned by it's own venom, right? When's the kanima not the kanima?"

"When it's Jackson." Laken answered.

Stiles looked up, "Uh, guys." Scott and Laken moved to stand beside him. "Do you see that?" He asked as the kanima went into the club.

"He's inside."

"What's he gonna do in there?"

After a long moment of silence, Scott spoke up, "I know who he's after."

"What? How? Did you smell something?" Stiles asked.

"Amani."

*****

"Oh come on." Stiles pulled on the metal door around the back of the club. "Alright, maybe there's like a window we could climb through, or-,"

Scott pulled the door knob with his wolf strength and walked in with Laken, handing the knob to Stiles.

"-some kind of handle we can rip off with supernatural strength. How did I not think of that?"

Laken giggled as she looked around the gay club she had came in multiple times before with Danny. Disco balls hung from the high ceiling and strobe lights twisted and turned, hitting the black wall as men danced around.