Chapter 17-Abomination

"You were right." Stiles mumbled as he climbed into the backseat of Laken's car, Scott being in the passenger seat.  "It's not like you. I mean, it's eyes were almost like, reptilian. But there's something about it." 

"What do you mean?" Scott questioned. 

"You know when you see an old friend in a Halloween mask but all that you can actually see is their eyes? And you feel like you know them, but just can't figure out who it is?" 

"You trying to tell us you know who it is?" Laken asked her twin brother. 

"No." Stiles shook his hand, looking down at his hands. "But I think it knew me." 

(****)

"I wanna go to Australia." Laken blurted out, hanging upside down from a pipe in the abandoned train station where Derek currently was training his betas. 

"Why  Australia?" Eric raised an eyebrow at the girl. 

"I don't know, maybe steal a kangaroo." 

"How would you even get it on the plane?" Isaac asked, amusement clear in her voice. 

"I'll dress him up like Shaggy did to scooby in that one movie." 

"You do know there are jumping spiders in Australia right?" Boyd asked. 

"You said jumping spiders?" Laken asked and Boyd nodded his head. "Peace, I'll stay in the USA." 

"Alright, enough. Let's train." Derek walked in. 

(*****)

Isaac took off and flipped over Laken's head. Jumping off of different obstacles that were in his way before launching his body on and off a pole, only to have Derek's hand shoot up and push him to the ground hard. Erica had even tried, but Derek threw her to the ground also. 

"Does anyone wanna try not being completely predictable?" Derek asked. 

Laken quickly jumped off the create she was sitting on and jumped on her boyfriend, wrapping her legs around his waist and smashing their lips together. 

"You can't do that to enemies?" Derek mumbled against her lips, a smile  on his own. 

"Hmm? And why's that?" She asked, pulling back.  

"Because I'll kill 'em." 

"We done? Are you two done?" Isaac asked. "'Cause I think I have about a hundred bones that need a few hours to heel." He groaned, sitting up. 

"Here, right here?" Derek asked before grabbing his arm and twisting it, a sickening crack echoing. "A hundred and one. You think I'm teaching you how to fight? Huh?! Look at me! I'm teaching you how to survive." He stood up. 

"If they wanted us dead then why aren't they coming for us now? What are they waiting for?" 

"I don't know, but they're planning something. And you, especially know that's not our only problem. Whatever that thing was killed Isaac's father, I think it killed someone else last night. And until I find out what it is, you all need to learn everything that I know. As fast as I can teach you."