Chapter 18-Venomus

Laken sat in her desk in Coach Finstock's class behind Scott and next to her brother.

"Hey, testicle left and right," Jackson spoke, "What the hell is a kanima?"

Coach dropped a stack of papers on his desk, "Alright, listen up. Quick warning before we begin out review. Some of you, like McCall, might wanna start their own study groups, because tomorrow's mid-terms is so profoundly difficult I-I'm not even too sure I could pass it."

"I can." Laken smirked, leaning on her elbows.

"You pass everything." Coach rolled his eyes, "Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question. Who's got it, huh? C'mon, let's go buddy."

"Paralyzed from the neck down," Jackson told them, "Do you have any idea what that feels like?"

"I'm familiar with the sensation." Stile replied.

"Wait, why would Derek test you? Why would he think that it's you?" Scott asked.

"How should I know?"

"Wait, do they think it's Lydia?" Stiles asked.

"Don't know. All that I heard was her name and something about chemistry."

"Jackson!" Coach shouted, "Do you have something that you'd like to share with the rest of the class?"

"Um, just an undying admiration for my-my coach." Jackson lied horribly, making Laken cover her mouth to try and stop the giggles from leaving her lips.

"Oh, that's really kind of you. Now, shut up! Shut up! Anybody else?"

"How do you know it's not her?" Scott asked, grabbing Stiles' jacket, pulling him closer and looking at Laken.

"Because I looked into the eyes of that thing, okay? And what I saw was pure evil, except for when it looked at Laken, and when I look into Lydia's eyes I only fifty percent evil." The youngest Stilinski twin looked at his textbook, "Alright, maybe sixty. You know, well under forty on a good day."

"Stiles, that's not a very good argument." Laken frowned at her brother.

"I'm aware of that. But I swear it's not her, it can't be alright? Lydia's fine."

From her position at the board, Lydia spun around, clenching a piece of chalk tightly to her chest. Written on the board, the letters didn't even make up any words.

"Lydia?" Coach stepped towards her. "Okay, then. Anybody else wanna try answering? This time, in English."

"What is that, Greek?" Scott asked.

"No, no. I think it actually is English." Laken held her phone out to her twin and Scott.

The backwards letters now read, someone help me, on the picture Laken had taken.

****

"Why didn't you tell me your boyfriend tested your best friend?" Scott questioned Laken as they hurried to Harris's class.