Chapter 23- Fury (pt. 2)

"Laken!" Derek yelled out as his girlfriends screams rang out. 

Laken landed on the ground, blood pouring from her side as she cried out in pain. Her hands quickly went to her side to try and stop the bleeding but she couldn't do that. 

"Derek." She sobbed out, "It hurts." 

"I know baby. I know." Derek said, tears pooling in his eyes. "Just- just don't close your eyes and stop talking. Save your energy, baby." 

"Scott! Don't trust him!" Stiles muffled into Derek's shirt, his heat pounding at the thought of seeing his sister's blood flowing from the wound on her side. 

In a swift movement, Matt reached down and turned Stiles onto his back before putting his boot covered foot onto the younger Stilinski's throat. "Is this a little better for you?" Matt asked, pressing down harder on Stiles' throat.

"Okay, just stop." Scott shouted. 

"Then do what I tell you to." 

"Okay." He sighed, "Alright. Stop!" 

Laken's breaths started to shallow out as her eyes started to slowly close. 

"Laken!" Derek's ears picked up on her breathing, "Laken, baby, I need you to keep your eyes open." 

"I-I can't." Laken mumbled, "I love you, Derek." 

"No, no no!" Derek shouted, "Laken, open your fucking eyes. Baby, come on. I can't lose you! You're all I have left!" 

"I-Is she, okay?" Stiles stuttered out. 

"No." Derek close his eyes in relief, "She's still breathing, but I don't know for how much longer." 

✖✖✖

"Please." Melissa sobbed, eyes shifting between her hurt son and the unconscious Stilinski, blood covering her shirt and leather jacket. "They need to see a doctor." 

"You think so?" Matt questioned, almost teasing her. 

"Hey! Hey! You listen to me!" Noah started. 

"It's alright." Scott cut him off, hand on Laken's wrist to feel her pressure point, "We're okay. Laken's still breathing. 

"No, honey, you're not okay." Melissa told her son, "And Laken needs to get to the hospital before she dies." 

"It doesn't hurt, mom." Scott said, "I promise." 

"Cause that's the adrenaline, okay." She whispered, "Please, let me-me just take a look at them, okay? I can help stop the bleeding."

"They have no idea, do they?" Matt questioned. 

"Please, let me just take a quick look. I just-' 

"Oh just sh-shut up!" Matt glared at her. "Lady, if you keep talking I'm gonna put the next to bullets in his head." 

Melissa nodded, "okay, okay." 

✖✖✖

Derek Hale sat in a chair next to the hospital bed where his sleeping girlfriend laid. He held onto one of her hands between both of his, lips pressed against her fingers. 

"Hey." 

The Alpha looked up to find Scott and Stiles standing in the door, tears in both of her eyes. 

"Hi." Derek's voice cracked just a little as he looked back towards his girlfriend, the heat monitor beeping right next to his ear but he didn't care. 

"My mom say's she's gonna be fine." Scott told the older man. 

"I know. Noah told me." Derek said, a tear rolling down her face. 

"Derek, maybe you should go home and get some sleep." Noah walked into the door, watching the older male with his daughter. 

"I'm not leaving her." Derek told the twin's father. "I almost lost her again, and I'm not leaving." 

✖✖✖

A few hours later, Laken slowly opened her eyes as the sound of beeps filled her ears. Trying to sit up, she winced in pain and let out a small hiss at the feeling. 

Turning her head, she saw Derek with his arms crossed over his chest and his eyes closed as his chest rose and fell as he slept. 

"Derek." She spoke, but he didn't move. "Derek!" 

The alpha sprang up at the shout, looking around in alert until his eyes feel on her. 

"Thank god." He mumbled, before standing up and walking to the bed, "You had me scared to death." 

"M-matt. What happened to him?" Laken asked. 

"Matt was found dead." Derek said, hands cupping the sides of her face. "But that doesn't matter right now. What matters is that your okay." 

"I love you." 

"I love you, too." Derek pressed his lips against hers. "I love you, so fucking much."