Chapter 5

Updated: February 14th, 2019
"We're here!" Mark yells, stopping the car. Mark stopped in front of the hospital to let everyone out while he and Amy went to go park. Tyler was calling kathryn explaining everything and that we would be home a bit late. I was on Ethan's back while he carried me into the waiting room.I stopped crying but the pain in my arm was still there.
"Hi, Uh we'd like to see a doctor or someone." Ethan says, looking at the lady behind the desk.
"Sure thing, fill out this worksheet, bring it back and we'll have someone see you." The lady says handing Ethan a clipboard with the worksheet and a pen.
"Thank you!" I say, taking the stuff from Ethan.
"No problem."
Ethan walks over to a group of chairs, putting me down. I start to look over the form, but Ethan takes it from me.
"You can't write, you hurt your hand." Ethan says, clicking the pen.
"Okay, ask me the questions and fill it out."
"First, Full name?"
"Y/n M/n Schied"
"Okay second, birthday?"
"July 7th, 1997"
"Ha, I'm Older then you! Okay third, address? Wait you live with me I know this" we both laugh at this.
Tyler came over and took the sheet from Ethan and starts filling everything out. I figure that he knows the answers to these sheets as well as he knows himself.
"Tyler, I was doing it." Ethan says kinda upset that he isn't helping.
"It's okay. He knows how to fill them out better then he knows Mark." I say taking his hand with my hand that isn't hurting.
I felt like nothing could hurt me with everyone around. Everyone here is so supportive and nice. Tyler finished filling out the sheet and brought it to the front desk. A couple minutes later Mark and Amy walked in the hospital and sat down next to us.
" You good?" Mark asks me with a weary smile.
"Yeah, the pain is going away a bit" I say, smiling back.
"We should have Y/n in the next video we do. Maybe we could do a challenge?" Mark suggests to the group
"Well at this rate, I think y/n's wrist is broken so maybe a non-physical challenge." Tyler says.
Ethan looks down at my arm and starts rubbing it again. I put my hands down on my lap and look around. The hospital is full of people with weary, tired frowns. They are sad and awaiting news, hopefully good, about their loved ones.
"What about a disney song challenge, like the one Mark did with Mattias?" I say
"That's a great idea y/n!" Amy says
"Y/n Schied, please come to the front desk." The loudspeaker announces. A nurse comes out from a hallway with a sign that reads 'Emergency room' above. Everyone gets up and starts walking towards the desk. The lady at the front desk looks at us and points towards me.
"y/n Schied? You may follow that nurse to your room. She's going to check you out. "
We all follow the nurse, we hear screaming as a father is pacing up and down the hall. All we here next is "I need someone in here! We have a code blue!"
They must be having a rough time here, poor person. We reach the room and I sit down on the bed. The room is pretty big, big enough for two beds and still have about 5ft between them. There is a couch for three people, a reclining chair, the normal doctor stuff, and a bed. Tyler, Mark, and Amy sit on the couch. Ethan and I sit on the bed.
"Okay, I'm going to be checking your vitals." The lady says, opening up a computer.
She logs on, checks for my name and opens the document. She reads through the sheet Tyler filled out and looks back at me.
"Okay, I'm gonna take your blood pressure , heart and oxygen rate." As she says this, she puts a blood pressure sleeve on my arm and a pulse oximeter on my middle finger. She starts to take my blood pressure while the oximeter works.
"Your blood pressure is fine, 120/80 and your heart and oxygen rate is good." She says, taking everything off. Once she takes everything off she rolls over to the computer and types the rates on the document.
"So, what are you here for?" She asks, rolling back over.
"We were at a trampoline park and I fell on the barrier and I think I might have broken something" I say, looking down at my arms.
"Okay, can I see what's hurting?" She asks, coming closer to me.
I extend my left arm towards her. My hand is hanging down from my wrist. There is a purple-greenish band-like bruise going around my wrist and palm. She turns my wrist around and bends my hand back and forth. Each time she moves my hand it hurts more and more.
"Well, Your wrist is definitely not okay. I don't think it's completely broken , but we need to do X-Rays to make sure." She says, typing stuff down on her computer. "Just stay on your bed, another nurse will come and wheel you down. The only thing on the bed can be you and the sheets. You can have one person come down with you." She says, leaving the room.
After she leaves the room, everyone starts taking stuff off the bed, including me.
"Guys! What are you doing?" I ask , kicking around in Mark's arms. "I can be in the bed!"
"We are making sure everything is off, we don't want anything going into the machine with you." Tyler says, putting the sheets back on, but neatly.
"I get transfered idiots."I say jumping down.
"What?" mark says, putting all of our jackets together since they were on the bed.
"Yeah, this is just to transfer me to the X-Ray room, they have another bed-type thing connected to the machine." I say sitting down on the bed. "You guys are not the brightest.. Except amy , she's the only smart one here" I say laughing.

She leaves the room to go input the information and a doctor comes back. We tell him everything that happened and he looks at my arm.
"Well, her wrist is fractured, she will need a brace,we offer colored braces and casts, what color would you like?" The doctor looks a little agitated while talking.
"Blue is fine" I respond. He walks out the room and tells a nurse to get my brace.
"Well this went better than expected." Mark says
"Yeah, definitely better than some of my other trips."
"What were some of your other trips?" Amy asks, I look at tyler and he nods.
"Well when I was little I stayed in the hospital for over a week because they thought I had leukemia, they never found what was wrong with me though.I was in the hospital for over two days because I was having heart and breathing problems when I was in the 7th grade.I was really sad about that one because I had to miss my school's dance that I hyped everyone up about." Ethan looks over to me, shocked about the first one I'm guessing.
"You really had to stay in the hospital for a week?" Ethan doesn't think I'm serious but Tyler and Mark can vouch.
"Yeah Tyler and I can both vouch. Everyone was so scared because we did not want to lose her at such a young age. She was only 4 at the time." Mark says
"I can't believe that.. I mean I do but wow." Ethan says shocked.
"Here you go y/n. This is your new wrist brace." The nurse from before hands me a blue package.
"That you miss, are we allowed to leave now?" Tyler asks.
"Yes you guys are allowed to leave now." The nurse says writing a few things down on some paperwork.
Everyone gets up and collects their stuff. Tyler takes the paperwork and starts to walk out the room with Mark and Amy following. Ethan puts me back on his back and grabs my phone and package to the brace. The brace rests weirdly on my wrist. My arm is also on Ethan's neck weirdly too. We get to the car door and start to head home. I fall asleep on the way home, leaning against Ethan's shoulder.