Chapter 24

y/n pov

"So how did you get your memories back?" Mark asks, handing me a bottle of water.

"I went to see Noah," I say, taking a sip of the water.

"Who's Noah?" Ethan asks, sitting up in his seat.

"An old friend of mine," I say, putting the water bottle on my lap. "I'm close with his sisters and his mom."

".. old friend.." Mark says, under his breath looking away.

"Uh, so what do you remember?" Tyler asks.

"Well i remembered during freshman year when we had to take finals and i had a terrible headache, then i remembered something from middle school and now i just keep on remembering more things"

"So that's what you were standing outside for?" Amy asks, sitting down next to me.

"Yeah, i was thinking back on growing up coming over here" i say laughing.

"Well I'm kinda tired guys, and tomorrow is christmas eve so im gonna head home" Tyler says standing up.

"Yeah i think i'm gonna head back to my hotel room" Kathryn says grabbing her coat from the rack.

"y/n you wanna head out to?" Ethan asks me.

"Yeah sure, let me just say bye to may" I say standing up.

I ran up the stairs to find may. She isn't in the kitchen. I walked into the living room and she wasn't there either. I walk towards the stairs upstairs and see the light to her room on. I walk up the stairs, looking at the pictures hung up on the walls. Picture of Mark and his brother from when they were kids. A picture of May from when she was younger with her family. I get to the top of the stairs and knock on may's door.

"Who is it?" she asks.

"It's y/n" I responded back.

She opens the door and she's changed into pajamas.

"Me and Ethan are leaving, so I wanted to say bye before I left" I say, walking into her room.

"Oh, here I wanted to give you this," she says, walking over to her dresser.

She pulls open the top drawer and pulls out a small box. It's a plain black box with gold accents around the corners.

May places the box in my hands and gives me a hug.

"Open it when you get back to the hotel. I'll see you soon"

"Goodnight May" I say, and head back down the stairs.

Ethans at the bottom of the stairs with his hand on the doorknob.

"Ready to go?" He asks.

"Yeah"

He opens the door and we walk outside. He leads me to where he parked the car and we sit down. Ethan starts the car and I put my seatbelt on.

Once the car starts, I blast my cold air hitting my face.

"Why is the ac on" I say, moving the air vents to face towards the window.

"The air just isn't hot yet, you have to give it a minute".

"Oh yeah.."

...

...

...

"So who's Noah?"

"An old friend of mine, why?"

"Why did mark say that earlier then?" he says, sounding a little mad.