Chapter 20

y/n p.o.v
We arrive at some restaurant in the north part of the city. Mark and Tyler must have gone to South Cincinnati. I think one of Tyler's favorite restaurants is in the northern part of Cincinnati. I know this place, sorta. I've seen pictures of my 15 birthday here, but I can't remember it for myself.
We step out of the car and start walking into the place.
The overwhelming scent of spices and sauces fill my nose. It smells really good and welcoming. Ethan takes my hand and has me follow him to the front desk. I tune out what the waitress says and look around at the place. It is a brick building with paintings and wo
oden accents. The door frames have painted on grapevines. There are two different dinner areas. The seating is split in half, booths and small tables are on the left side and larger tables and some booths are on the right.
"y/n?" Ethanasks, tugging at the end of my hand.
"What?"
"We're going to the table"
The waitress leads us to a booth near a large window looking out onto the garden the restaurant has. Ethan and I sit across from each other. It's kinda weird, us being alone at a restaurant.
"Hi, my name is Jenny and I'm going to be serving you today." The waitress says, handing both of us a plastic menu. "Would you like to start with any drinks?"
"Uh, sure,." Ethansays, awkwardly.
"I'll have a strawberry lemonade." I state, opening my menu.
"I'll have a water"
"Great, I'll be back in a couple of minutes for your orders."
And with that me and Ethan are alone.
"Do you know what you want?" He asks, after a couple seconds.
"Not really, either raviolI or lasagna" I say, looking up to him. "You?"
" I think I'm going to get spaghetti"
"Nice..."
we slowly fall back into silence. I don't get why we are so awkward with each other, we have never been like this. Maybe we aren't meant to be.
" I know that this is awkward, and I don't know why, but I'm still going to try" Ethansays, as if he could read my mind.
"Thank you"
"So, what is the plan for christmas?" He asks.
" I think for christmas eve we are all going to my dad's house for dinner, then for christmas we are all going to mark's moms" I say, looking at his hair.
His blue hair is styled to be out of his face, definitely not his doing.  He's wearing a black shirt with blue jeans, so he doesn't look uncomfortable or out of place. His jacket is sitting behind him.
"You are so beautiful, you know that?" He says, locking eyes with me.
I start blushing and try to hide my face. 
"You are also very cute"
*Time skip*
The restaurant was actually really good. We got our food soon after we talked about christmas and the rest of the date went so well. We were talking and everything. The drive back to the hotel was quite, but comfortable.
We walked into our room and I instantly took my shoes off. I grabbed a T-shirt and some sweatpants and went into the bathroom to change. When I came out Ethan had changed into sweatpants and a shirt.
" I think I'm going to go straight to bed" I say, walking over to the bed and sitting down.
"Okay, I'm gonna brush my teeth"
He went into the bathroom and I pulled the blankets over my body. I closed my eyes and soon enough,Ethan walked over to the bed, shutting off the light.
"Thank you for tonight E" I say, as he crawls into bed next to me.
"You're welcome beautiful" He says, kissing my forehead and pulling me closer to him.
We fall asleep wrapped around each other.
thank you for reading! if you liked this please vote / comment!