chapter 23

A/N- hey guys, i just wanted to say thank you so much for the support recently. its been actually amazing to see the messages and comments. Thank you so much for reading! pls vote, comment and share! thank you sm , enjoy!

also follow me on twitter @ kiwikailey ! i love you !

y/n pov

I push myself off Noah and towards the other side of the hot tub. I sit on the edge of the seat with my head in my hands. My head hurts , it feels like my brain is being flooded by pictures and words. The last time I had a headache this bad was when I had to take my first final freshman year. I'm glad we didn't have to take finals or anything in middle school, that would have sucked. Wait!

"Are you oka-"

"I CAN REMEMBER FRESHMAN YEAR!" I yell, standing up and climbing out of the hot tub.

"Huh, Wha- what do you mean you can remember freshman year?" Noah asks, climbing out behind me.

"I just remembered when we took finals freshman year and I had a terrible headache. Then I remembered how in middle school we didn't take finals" I say, wrapping the towel around my body.

"How did you remember them? Di-did something trigger it?" he asks, picking up the towel and wrapping it around him.

"Earlier you said actions could trigger memories, so .. I thought kissing you would work. And it obviously did. So thank you noah"

I walk through the house and think of all the memories that are attached to each object and room. The kitchen was where me, Noah, and Ava made a cake for his mom's birthday because we were babysitting Ava and she was bored. The living room was where when we had a huge party with a bunch of people at our school, our group of friends would sit on the couch and drink and chill. I walk up the stairs and into Mia's room. I grab my phone and see the hundreds of calls and missed texts. I text Mark and tell him that I'm fine and I'm coming to his house soon.

I change back to my clothes and hang up the bathing suit in Mia's bathroom. Noah walks into the room and stands in the door.

"Star shine, uh.." Noah starts, playing with his fingers. "Thank you for that kiss. As bad as this is gonna sound, that helped me get over you. I've been so madly in love with you since we were 14 and when you lost your memory, I lost you. Even though you left and we graduated and I went to college I couldn't stop thinking about you . so thank you for that."

"Oh uh, your welcome. And can we not talk about it. It might mess some things up" i say, looking at him. "But, thank you too Noah, I'll always love you. "

"I love you too, are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, can you drive me to mark's house?"

"Yeah sure, you should probably say bye to my sisters and my mom" he says, walking out of the car and downstairs.

I walk down to Ava's room and see all of them there. They stop talking and look at me.

"I, uh, I'm leaving now . I'll see you guys soon" I say, going up to hug each of them.

"Bye y/n . please come by whenever you like. You're always welcomed here"

"Thank you isabella, I will"

I walk back out of the room and down the stairs. Noah is waiting by the door with the car keys in his hands. He opens the door for me and I walk out in front of him.

-time skip-

Noah had dropped me off at Mark's mom's house a couple minutes ago . I'm still standing outside of the house in the snow. All the memories of the house are flooding my brain. The pictures of us running around the front yard with water guns during the summer. The images of Tyler and Mark leaving the house in Mark's old car. The snow is starting to fall a little bit faster now. Each second that passes by me looking at this old brick house, my socks get a little more wet.

"y/n?" may asks, from the door.

I look down to her. I remember all the times she made me food or some type of treat because I didn't feel well. I remember the times she's been there for me because my mom was gone.

She starts to walk down the path and comes to where I'm standing.

"What are you looking at?" she asks me, taking one of my hands in hers and looking with me.

We are both facing the house now, standing at the end of the pathway looking at an old house. We don't say anything for a couple seconds. We take in the moment.

"I think I got my memory back May," I say after a few seconds.

"I figured, the way your looking at the house your either crazy or thinking"

We laugh together and then settle again in the silence.

"I know you are always being asked this, but how are you y/n?" she asks, turning her head slightly to see my expressions.

"I can remember everything , I've never felt better"

"What about ethan?"

"What about him? I still like him. I really like him and Tyler doesn't understand that . i don't know what to do may"

She inhales deeply , then turns back towards the house.

" Tyler cares a lot about you, you're his baby sister. You nor Ethan have told Tyler anything about your relationship yet. He doesn't know if Ethan cares about you the way that Tyler thinks he should, because you haven't told him '' she says, continuing to hold on to my hand. "Both you and Ethan need to talk to tyler. And you need to do it in a mature way y/n , you're very childish".

"Wow geez thanks may" I say, laughing slightly. "I'm kidding, I know that you're right. What if Ethan actually doesn't care about me the way that Tyler thinks he should?"

"If Ethan is smart , he will. Also n/n you know he does. I've seen the way that boy looks at you , he's in love with you"

"May, you're cra-"

"Y/N!" Tyler yells, running out of the house.

He runs up to me and hugs me.

"Listen y/n i'm sorry for yelling at you and saying that you have to listen to me." Tyler says, stepping away from me slightly.

"Tyler, it's alright. I'm not mad at you." i say, hugging him again.

"She got her memory back," May says, still looking at the house.

"Oh yeah! I think I did ! i remembered freshman year" I say.

"What! y/n! That's great! How?" Tyler says letting go of me again.

"Can we go inside if it's kinda cold?" I ask, not wanting to bring it up.

"Yeah sure," Tyler says, letting May go in front of him. 

thank you for reading !