chapter 22

"Star shine.. hey hey y/n. Please wake up. Please don't die. I love you please"
"n/n oh my-! Help! Quickly someone calls 911. Come on n/n, you got this please"
jeez what's happening. Why is everyone yelling for me? Fuck my head hurts like hell. 'What's happening?'
"She's not waking up! y/n baby please"
Hey, dont ignore me. Wait. Why can't they hear me? 'Hello!"
"Hey hey she's waking up!"
Who is this girl! Wait.. are they talking about me? What happened to me?
Suddenly bright lights flash into my eyes and I sit up.
"Uh, hi?"
"Oh my gosh, y/n you scared us"
"Who's y/n? I'm sorry I don't know who you guys are. I'm so sorry."
"She lost her memory , oh my god"
"Mackenzie, I'm fine. But i don't know who he is. I'm so sorry"
"Star shine. It's me noah.."
"I'm so sorry, i don't know you"

y/n pov
"Alright star shine, you haven't talked at all. Are you sure you're okay?"
"Tyler and I got into a fight, noah. I just don't want to see him right now '' I say, declining another call.
"Okay, so where do you wanna go?" he asks, stopping the car for a red light.
I look over to him and see his hands tapping the steering wheel.
"I don't care, your house?"
"Yeah, you can see my family . they heard you were in town" he says, looking at me.
Time skip
We pull up to his house and he stops the car. He lives in a big house, no gonna lie. Its 4 bedrooms, an office, a huge finished basement, a pool in the back with a pool house. I always loved hanging out here apparently, but after I lost my memory it was weird to come over here. The vibe was a little off. His family helped me try to get my memory back, but it didn't really work.
Noah had been one of my best friends since middle school. Kenzie, him and I went to school together.  I had to become friends all over again. It wasn't difficult besides jokes that he would tell about things that happened in middle school, but after the joke he would explain what he meant and what happened. I'm sometimes glad I can't remember middle school, I'd probably hate myself more.
We walk into the house and his family is downstairs. His mom is in the kitchen, and his two sisters are sitting in the living room.
"Is dad at work?" Noah says, walking into the living room with me following behind him.
"Yes dear," his mom yells from the kitchen.
"Guess who I brought over, '' Noah says, pulling me in front of him.
"y/n! Ava, his younger brother yells, getting up and coming to hug me.
I hug her back and she pulls me over to the couch, Noah follows and sits right next to me.
His older sister Mia sits on the floor in front of the couch facing us.
"Hi y/n" Mia says, looking up at me.
"Hey mia, you look really pretty. So do you ava"
Noah's mom comes out of the kitchen and smiles once she sees me. I stand up to go hug her. She embraces me in one of the best hugs ever. She lets go of me and holds me out in front of me. She's examining me. She looks me in my eyes.
"I've missed you, dear. Thank you" she hugs me and again and goes back into the kitchen.
I stand there stund. Huh? Why did she thank me?
"Hey y/n you wanna go in the hot tub with noah? You can borrow a bathing suit," Mia says, standing up behind me.
"Yeah sure" I say, smiling, turning around to face them.
Ava and Mia take my hands and practically drag me up the stairs. We walk into Mia's room and Ava sits me down on the bed.
Mia starts looking for a bathing suit for me.
"You guys aren't gonna come?" I ask, lying down on the bed.
"No no no, you and Noah haven't hung out in forever, and plus you seem stressed so the water will be good for you," Mia says, sitting next to me.
"So how is everything y/n"
"I've been good, LA is super nice and everything. Mark and Tyler have been amazing to be around, Tyler gets on my nerves sometimes but he's my brother so.."
"That's great, any boyfriend?"
"No not yet, " I answered laughing slightly.
"Good!" mia says, throwing me a bathing suit. "Here, you can change here. Me and mia will be outside"
And with that they walk out the door. I quickly changed into the bathing suit. It's a two piece. The top is light orange with a little tie in the middle and the bottoms are black and white strips. I take my hair out of the now messy ponytail and put the elastic on my wrist. I grab a makeup wipe from Mia's dresser and wipe all my makeup off. I throw the wipe into the bin.
Knock knock
"Come in"
Noah walks in holding two towels. He's wearing black swim shorts and no shirt. He hands me one of the towels and stands in front of me.
"Wanna take a picture?" I ask, going over to the bed to grab my phone.
"Yeah sure"
We stand in front of Mia's mirror on her dresser. I pull up instagram and go to the stories. We pose in front of the mirror and take a picture.
"Wait , let's do a different one, we look weird" I joke , deleting the picture. He laughs and I hold the phone in a different position. I stand next to him and he puts his arm around my waist, I dip my head towards his shoulders. We both stick out tongues out and I take the picture. I save the picture to my phone and add his username to the picture.
"Good?" I ask, handing him the phone.
He takes it from my hands and looks at the screen. He nods and hands the phone back to me. "Send it to me, that's a new lock screen right there" he says laughing.
I leave my phone on the dresser and we walk out. We walk downstairs and outback to the hot tub. It's already started, probably from the girls doing it. We put our towels down by the deck railing and start to climb in. Once my foot reaches the water I immediately warm from the cold air.  We sit all the way in the water and just enjoy the bubbling steam.
"Do you think you could put your hair into a ponytail?" I ask, picking my head up.
"I don't know, you can try"
I move over to him and sit right next to him. I take the elastic from my wrist and try to put it in his hair but the angle im at makes it difficult.
"Come here" he says, grabbing my waist and moving so i'm sitting on his lap. I put my legs on either side of him and try again. He puts his hands on either side of my waist and keeps them there. This time it's a lot easier and I wrap the elastic around the front of his hair. I lean back to look at him.
"Hahha , you look- haha, you look cute" I say, laughing between my words.
"Definitely not as cute as your star shine" he says, laughing.
After a few seconds of silence , Noah starts talking.
"Are you happy in LA?"
"Yeah, i mean of course i miss my family and you, but i've always wanted to leave ohio"
"I've missed you a lot. I mean college is great, chicago is so much fun, but you're not there. The stars aren't as bright without you around" he says looking at my eyes.
I look at him and see his emotion gone from content to sadness. He has the same facial expression as when I first saw him, or saw him again from the tree. He looks lost and hopeless.
"Yeah, there aren't as many stars in LA as there are here"
"Ba- star shine. I wish you could remember everything"
"I mean , i dont think i'm missing anything important, it's just middle school and half of highschool"
"Can i tell you something? But don't tell mackenzie i told you star shine"
"Of course you can tell me noah"
His expression changes again, this time even more sad, as if that could happen. He looks down at me sitting on him " summer going into freshman, yeah" he starts, thinking something over. "We dated, but when once you lost your memory no one was allowed to tell you, I wouldn't let them. Mackenzie wanted to, but I told her not to. I felt it would've forced you to have feelings and emotions that took you so long to have"
"Noah i-" i start saying, but im cut off.
"Don't apologize for it. It's not your fault, none of it is, star shine"
"Why do you call me star shine?" I ask, looking at him.
He locked eyes with me, " memories usually come back if something triggers it, i always thought something  might come back if i call you what i called you when we dated"
I don't know what to say to that so i just nod. We continue to look at eachother, just thinking about everything.
"I mean, words and actions can trigger memories. Star shine just meant the most to me so i-" he says but i cut him off.
I cut him off in one of the dumbest things I had done all year.
I kiss him. I kiss him and he kisses me back.
There was so much emotion and history in that kiss, i can't even remember it.