Chapter 29

Stephanie's POV

I was a mess leaving Jordan's room. I was only in his white dress shirt and my skirt from last night, I had no shoes on with my remaining clothes in my hands, my makeup was gone, my hair was a mess, and I was crying. I attempted to escape the New Kids area without anyone seeing me, but it looks like luck was not on my side. Danny had just come back up to his room after working out in the fitness area, and was shocked at the state I was in. Anyone who saw me could tell I was completing the walk of shame, but I never wanted one of Jordan's band mates seeing me in this state. 

"Stephanie, what's wrong?" Danny said as he tried to stop me from passing

"Just leave me alone Danny. I don't want to talk." I said as I tried to squeeze pass him.

"Tell me what's wrong. Was it Jordan? Did he hurt you?" He asked me as he tried to look me in the eyes.

"Honestly Danny, it's none of your business. Now let me go! I should have never let myself get involved with you guys, because in the end it only left me with a broken heart!" I yelled at him and pushed my way past. I could tell he was getting angrier by the minute at the thought of Jordan hurting me, but that asshole deserved what he had coming. I know the other guys look away when the guys have extramarital affairs, but I was not going to stand for that. I promised myself I would never be the other woman, and I believed Jordan when he told me that I was the only one. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I quickly boarded the elevator and repeatedly hit the close button. My eyes darted to the floor and remained there the entirety of my journey to my floor. Thankfully, no one entered my elevator and I was able to avoid any interaction with other blockheads. I made my way to my door and went to grab my sail away card, but my lanyard wasn't in my stack of clothes. Then, I remembered that I had set it on one of the dressers last night when Jordan and I arrived at his room. Damn, everything was against me this morning on this cruise ship. I turned to Lauren's door and started knocking on it.

"Come on Lauren! Please answer the door!" I yelled to her as I quickly knocked on the door.

"Why are you up so early? We aren't even docked yet for Bermuda? Oh honey, what happened?" Lauren said as she came face-to-face with the mess I was. I was unable to get anything out, as the once dried up tears started falling again. "Come on in. We don't want anyone else seeing you like this? Do you want me to get anything from your room?" Lauren asked as she led me over to the little seating area in her cabin.

" I wish you could, but I left my sail away card in Jordan's room. I'm definitely not going back to get it!" I exclaim to her.

"Well, you kind of need it to get into your room, to go to any event, and to even eat. I'm sorry, but we gotta go retrieve it from Jordan's room. Here I'll go get it for you right after you tell me why you're so upset." Lauren said as she took a seat next to me. I knew she was just trying to help me feel better by talking, but I really didn't want to talk about it.

"Lauren, I really don't want to discuss it right now." I turn to her and say.

"I'm not going to that room to face Jordan until I know the story. I don't want to walk into that room clueless and to hear lies from Jordan. Just tell me the recap and we can go into more depth later." Lauren said.

"No, I'll just get it over with

"No, I'll just get it over with. Jordan and I were having a great time on the lido deck. We were sharing drink after drink, which to be honest I don't remember much from last night. I know we headed back to his cabin and had a few more drinks. After that, the only thing I can infer is that we sleep together since I woke up with no clothes on. That's not the problem. I was happy to have slept with Jordan, even if I couldn't remember most of it. However, Jordan's phone ringing is what woke me up. I answered his phone by mistake thinking it was mine and I hear another female's voice on the other side of the line. It was Evelyn! She was going on and on about how Jordan's a serial cheater and that he sleeps with a whole bunch of women while away. Lauren, he treated me like trash. I'm just another prize for him that he gets to throw away when he's done with it." I cried laying back on the bed.

"Oh, Steph. I wouldn't believe a word out of her mouth. Of course, she would go on and on about how he sleeps with all different types of women. She's just jealous. She wants Jordan's life to be miserable after leaving her, and she can tell that he really liked you. Now, I'm not making any excuses for Jordan. I believe him though. I don't think he would lie to you about not being married. He just doesn't seem like the type of guy to make up some stupid story to get a girl to sleep with him on a cruise. He could say nothing and girls would happily sleep with him, story or not. Why don't you stay here, and I'll go get the stuff you left in Jordan's room." Lauren said as she got up off the bed and headed towards the door.

I hoped she was right. I wanted nothing more than for that night between Jordan and I to mean something to him, even if I couldn't remember most of it. I wanted more nights with him. I wanted more than just this cruise with him, but I needed to know the truth. Was he telling me the truth? Is Evelyn telling the truth? What remains of Jordan and I's future? Among all these questions swirling around in my head, I fell asleep. 

Author's Note

Author's Note

Alright, I'll admit. I haven't been the best author lately, but I can explain! I have been working a lot this year all in preparation for the greatest moment of my life that just happened last week. I mentioned earlier on in the story that I had booked a cabin on the 2017 cruise. I was busy all the way up until I had to leave, but I don't regret a single moment. It was everything I could have dreamed it would be like. The deck parties were a blast. I mean, not to brag or anything, but I danced with Jordan and Danny on Neon Glow Night. Not only that, I got a selfie with Jordan on GPS Night and a hug, which was honestly the best moment of the cruise for me. I can't promise anything, but I'm going to put more focus on this story now that the cruise has passed me. It's time to look forward to 10!