Ch. 2 "Lies seem like truth"

"Is there something wrong Mr. Faraci?"

"Slowly take the gun out and eject the clip. Then set it on the opposite side of the counter."

She scolded herself for not making sure the shirt was buttoned that high. "It's a revolver it doesn't have a clip." She sassed back and didn't take it out. "You can take it if you don't trust me unloading it." She knew him grabbing it would be smarter than taking it out herself. She did not care that he was reaching so close to her chest, it's not like he wanted to have sex with her on the counter. It was strictly to keep himself safe.

Nico grabbed the gun and put it next to the sink. "Why do you have it?"

"I always carry a gun. It's for my brothers protection really."

"Who's your brother? Where is he?"

"He's a three year old named Luca. I dropped him off with my uncle before coming here."

"Why are you protecting him?"

Gemma was hesitant to tell this stranger the real reason she carried a gun. "My ex boyfriend never liked him and when we broke up he threatened myself and him." She lied and knew nothing would give her away. If anything her look would only make him believe it.

"Okay. Put it back..." Nico handed the gun over and continued "I want the house. I will come back Monday with the money."

"Oh good. I'll be here all day to finish up and you can move in that day."

"I will see you then." Nico nodded and walked out the door. He got into the SUV and sped off. He got to the hotel Renzo owned 'The Mirage'. It fit the hotel, it was a mirage no one would know the mob worked in there. He walked in and ignored everyone. His mind was occupied by something the never occupied it before. A girl. Nico walked into the office and looked up the girls name "Gemma Marino" he said and typed. Nothing came up beside a picture of her and what seemed to be her brother. He thought about what she was wearing. Jeans and a button up, she was simple yet beautiful. She didn't have to wear the shortest dress in her closet to get his attention. He liked that she was different from others.

* * * *

Gemma locked up the house and drove to her uncles reality office. Luca ran to her as she walked in. He was attached to her. She was the only person he knew and saw every day if his life. "Hi buddy! How was uncle Leo an aunt Mia?"

"We played hot truck! I saved Mia from the fire!"

"Good job baby! Let's go home we both need showers and I can get you something to eat." He nodded and picked up his dinosaur and hugged Mia and Leo. They spent a lot of time with Luca because they were the only people Gemma trusted. They were her grandfather Pete's brother and sister in law. They didn't ask many questions about the move, they offered a home and job and Gemma couldn't be happier. She hugged them both and kissed them on the cheek as she left for home with Luca.