Ch. 6 "The sale"

Gemma and Luca arrived at the house for sale. Luca happily carried tools behind Gemma as she opened up the house. Two trucks came and unloaded a washer, dryer, a refrigerator, a shower head, and a dishwasher. The men set the appliances where Gemma asked. She signed and started putting them in place and hooking them up. Gemma asked Luca for the tools she needed to hook up the washer machine. Gemma was thankful for her grandfathers teachings. She knew so much because of him and not all was about the mob.

* * * *

A knock came to the door as she turned the refrigerator on and opened the door to set a temperature "Hey Luca, can you answer that for me?" He walked to the door and opened it up reviling Nico. He kneeled down to Luca.

"Hey do you know where I can find Gemma?"

"Yeah! Mom's right over here." Nico followed the child. Gemma walked out of the bathroom and said good morning.

"I only have the shower head left and then we will be out of your hair."

"I have the money for the house when your done." Gemma nodded and started with the shower head. She walked out once finished to find Luca and Nico talking and laughing. Gemma asked if Nico would go to the office to complete the sale. They got in the two cars and Gemma's would not start, she popped the hood looking for an indication why.

"Just get in I'll take you guys." Gemma thanked Nico even though there was annoyance in his voice and put Luca in the back. They got to the office and finished the sale she handed over the key and code to the gate. She was going to shake hands and her phone rang. She picked it up and answered.

"Gemma! You're house is a disaster and Leo is in the hospital! He went to drop off a check and he was shot and an explosion went off! Go get what you can baby." Her crying aunt finished. Gemma hung up with both Luca and Nico looking.

"What's wrong."