Ch. 8 "Pancakes and chocolate milk"

The shower was warm and inviting. It made Gemma realize how tired she was from the day. She thought about Luca and Nico laughing this morning. Nico had done a lot for her in the three days of knowing him. She was thankful. Gemma was also confused. No man besides her grandfather or uncle would do all of this for her. Yet Nico was always so stern while talking to her. The thought that he liked her ran threw her mind and she laughed at it finishing her shower. She got out and put on the clothes Nico offered. Gemma's head hit the pillow and she was fast asleep.

* * * *

Nico knocked on the door and opened it up. He walked to the bed where Luca had just woken up and tapped Gemma to wake her. Her eyes opened when the side of the bed dipped with Nico sitting there.

"Good morning." Gemma mumbled sitting upright.

"Would you guys like breakfast?" They both nodded showing the resemblance of brother and sister. Gemma stood pulling on the jeans she wore the day before

"Can I wear this shirt?" Gemma asked about the one on. Nico nodded and looked to Luca.

"Do you like pancakes?"

"Yes! Mom can I have pancakes?" Both boys turned to Gemma as she slipped the strap of her bra under the shirt.

"You can have pancakes if I can have chocolate milk."

"Yay! Let's go!" Luca ran out the door leaving Nico and Gemma to follow. They walked out of the elevator that was now at the lobby. Nico led them both to the restaurant.

"Good morning Mr. Faraci. How many?"

"Three."

"Right this way." The smily waitress took them to the table. "And what would you like to drink?"

"Coffe, chocolate milk, and what do you want?" Nico asked Luca.

"Orange juice please."

"And an orange juice."

"I will get those right away." The woman glared at Gemma and walked away.

"Mommy, I want these pancakes." Luca pointed at a picture of pancakes and scrambled eggs.

"I want that two!"

"Well that makes three of us." Nico closed the menu. The lady came with drinks and Nico gave the order. "So you guys will stay with me. We can go get you both some new clothes and you guys will both have your own rooms now."

"No Nico we will find our own place. Thank you though."

"It wasn't a question." Gemma was shocked by his stern voice as the food came out. They all ate in silence enjoying their meal. Nico gave his card to the waitress before she asked about a bill. They finished and his card came back.

"You didn't have to pay the bill. That's the least I could have done with everything you've done for us."

"You guys are with me. I will take care of everything. When your alone you can buy your meal." Nico explained as they walked out and got into his car. He pulled up to the outlet mall and got out. They walked into a child's store.

"Pick out stuff that Luca can wear." Gemma returned to him with a hand full of hangers and shorts and a pair of trunks.

"Can he try some of these pants on? He's growing out of his old ones." Nico nodded and followed then to the dressing room. Gemma helped Luca with new shorts and pants. The bigger size fit him perfectly. They walked out and Gemma grabbed two packs of the boxers he usually wears and a pack of socks with shoes. She threw the clothes on the counter and reached into her pocket for the cash she grabbed yesterday. Nico pushed her hand out of her pocket and had the card ready to swipe.