Ch. 21 "Getting shit together"

Stunned with how closed off Gemma had become he mumbled a 'yes' kissing his wife and walking to a black SUV. They hopped in and started a silent drive when Renzo's phone rang. It was Nico.

"Nico"

"She fucking left me!! I'm trying to protect her but the unappreciative ignorant whore left!!!"

Nico's words stung Gemma. Her hurt feelings turned into anger as she controlled herself to not say anything.  Renzo ended the conversation and looked over at the enraged Gemma. At the hotel the men that were "dropping her off" came into the room. They looked around as if expecting someone.

"You two will start the drive with her. She is armed. I expect her back here by 11 o'clock tonight." The men nodded as Renzo gave them orders.

"Don't let anyone touch my little boy. Including Nico." Gemma said with venom dripping from her words.

A little while later the two men and Gemma were in the car and on there way to an abandoned and secluded where house where the drop of would take place.

Nico had called Renzo numerous times and finally Renzo answered.

"Don't you dear speak about her like that! She heard everything you said. Your acting like a damn fool!! You are in fucking love with the girl but you act like a dick and kick her out?!?"

"She left." Was the soft voice of Nico on the other end of the phone. "I need to find her."

"She's fine I have men with her right now. Stay home and figure your fucking shit out because she doesn't plan on going back to you." Renzo hung up irritated that Nico said those things. Gemma felt more like a little sister to him then anything else. But Nico was closer to him than his actual brother.

Nico had tried calling Gemma but he found out she left her phone in his house. Nico didn't want the money Gemma told him to have. He also didn't want the clothes that he said were his. They were all hers he gave them to her. Nico had already calmed down quite a bit and now knowing Gemma was safe he was better. Renzo was right he needed to get his shit together if he wanted to be with Gemma. Actually Nico figures out he didn't want to be with Gemma. He needed Gemma and everything that came with her. He needed to love her. She had made him less harsh and more happy in a short month than he had been in the last six years. Nico also wanted Luca. He had grown to love the kid. They had their own conversations and he was so funny and smart. Nico had found out Luca's favorite thing to talk about was Gemma. By the time Nico was done thinking he had a bottle of tequila gone and one fourth of the whiskey gone. He sat it down on the coffee table that held Luca's drawing.

The drawing seemed to be Nico and Luca right next to each other but then there was a half complete jagged line threw the connected hands of Nico and Gemma. With pocket in hand Nico had passed out on the couch.