Ch. 14 "A day out"

Later Nico walked out of his office as Gemma occupied herself with strawberries from the frigid.

"So your just gonna leave every time you make me hard?" His voice was husky and intimidating. Gemma stopped eating and looked up at the man who sent shivers down her spine.

"Sorry." The smirk playing on her lips told Nico she wasn't sorry in the least bit.

"Be ready tomorrow at five. A long dress or a blouse and skirt would be your best options." Nico left the room with an aggravated huff and a throbbing bulge in his pants.

Gemma mentally slapped herself not sure of what she had got herself into. She put the strawberries back and walked upstairs to get Luca ready for bed. "Hey baby do you want to go out tomorrow? We can get lunch." The small child nodded as he was tucked into bed.

                    *     *     *     *

"Do you need anything while I'm out? I'm gonna look for a dress to replace the other." Gemma asked Nico setting the plate of eggs down in front of him.

"No just take the gun though." Nico demanded taking a sip of the black coffee. Gemma nodded cleaning the plates her and Luca ate off of. Once she was done she walked back into her room getting ready for the trip to the mall. Walking with Luca in arm she put him in the now running truck and got in to drive.

While at the mall not very many people were around. She went into a fancy store that had clothes for business women. She looked through the clothing rack finding nothing that was appealing to her. With Luca on her hip she walked into another store full of dresses.

"Baby will you help me pick out some dresses?"

Luca nodded pointing to a long tight black dress with long sleeves and a deep V at the chest. She picked it up and found multiple more dresses. Walking into the changing room to try them on she found a beautiful dress that would compliment her golden tan skin. It was a burgundy color dress with thin straps and an open back. She grabbed her size and tried the dressers on. Gemma ended up buying four dresses. Walking out of the store she asked Luca what he wanted to eat.

They ate at the small restaurant inside the mall before leaving. She held the door open for the young man walking out behind her and went to her truck. She pulled out onto the rode and started driving. 

While driving Gemma noticed the black SUV driving really close behind her. She switched lanes so the car could pass but it just got over right behind her. She turned right so she was no longer going the direction of the house just to see if they followed. As in suite the SUV made the same turn. She thought just for good measures she'd continue going the wrong way. The car followed directly behind her. Gemma didn't know what to do or where to go. She would not try running from them because Luca was in the car and going to the house didn't seem like a good idea.

"Hey Luca. Get my phone and call Nico please." The little boy did as asked and handed his sister the phone.

'Gemma what's wrong?' The masculine voice picked up on the first ring.

'Hey umm I think someone's following me but I can't see who it is. I don't know where to go and I have Luca with me.'

'Drive to the hotel and valet the car. How far are you?'

'About ten maybe fifteen minutes away.'

'Okay just walk in and use the elevator on the left and press 45'

The call ended and Gemma was on her way to the hotel. Around eight minutes later she lost the car by just getting passed the red lighting. She pulled into the hotel and valet the car. Follow the instructions that Nico gave her she walked to the elevator pressing 45. The elevator dinged signaling they were on the floor. Walking out hand in hand with Luca she was very cautious of the gun behind her back. A tall broad man who had the same color hair and eyes as her roughly stopped them from walking forward.

"Where are you going?" The man sneered as she was about to pass him. He grabbed Gemma's arm stopping her as Luca continued forward but stopped as his hand was ripped out of hers.

"I SAID where are you going?!" The man only said louder.

"Let go of me." Gemma ripped her arm from his grasp starting to walk again till he grabbed her wrist. She immediately turned around drawing the gun from her pants and pointing it at the mans head.

"Let me go. Now!" Gemma pulled the hammer back so the man knew she was serious.

"Mommy?" The small voice of the child questioned her.

"Luca turn around baby." A door a few feet from them opened and Nico stepped out. He walked over and picked up a scared Luca.

"Gemma put the gun down, he works with us." Nico now had a hand on Gemma's tense shoulder as she was released from the grasp of the man and pulled the gun from his head.

"It's okay." Was the soft whisper from Nico as he placed a warm kiss on Gemma's neck somehow making her relax. Nico pulled Gemma into the office that was more familiar then Gemma really wanted to admit. The broad man following them in.

"Gemma, nice to see you again. How are you?"

"Fine thank you Renzo."

"Ahhh who is this guy?" He asked addressing the question toward Luca who just got put down.

"I'm Luca!"

"Nice to meet you Luca. Do you mind waiting in here while I talk to your si-"

"Mom." Nico cut the man off from the confusing truth. As Luca nodded the three men and Gemma walked to the room connected to the office. It seemed to be a conference room.

"So we found that brother of yours."

"Okay and?"

"Well he was involved with another group of some bad people at the time but now works with us."

"Who is he?"

"Dino Baesli." The man who Gemma had almost shot no less the ten minutes ago stepped forward with a smirk. Gemma looked at him questionable as he spoke.

"I'm glad to know my sister can take care of herself."