Ch. 9 "Diner time"

They drove back to his house and unloaded the clothes from the car.

"Do you care what rooms we take?" Gemma asked walking in the house.

"Any is fine."

"Thank you again." Gemma walked up the stairs and started to hang up Lucas clothes. She walked across the hallway to the light brown room she always loved and did the same with her new clothes. Luca sat on her bed as she pulled everything out of her pockets. She put it in the night stand next to the bed and laid down next to Luca. They both fell asleep on the bed.

* * * *

Nico walked to the doorway of the office to find out what the sound was. It was Gemma. She opened the draws pulling out forks that the lady Nico hired had organized in the drawer. She had stocked the whole house with everything someone would need. 'No wonder Renzo liked her' he thought knowing his house was fully stocked, if he stayed there or not. Gemma had chicken and green beans on three plates that were now at the table.

"Luca, dinners ready." She called walking to the office to find Nico is casual shorts only. "I made dinner if you would like some." She smiled walking back to the kitchen. All three sat at the table and ate.

"Renzo called. He would like to talk to you tomorrow."

"Okay. What time will we go?"

"He said nine." Gemma nodded and wondered what he would want.

"Everything in here is beautiful. How did you fill all the cabinets and draws? We were gone all day."

"A woman I know does the shopping. She takes care of food and towels and soaps. Anything someone would need is stalked up on it." Before Gemma stood up to take the plates Luca started talking.

"I like my room, and the stairs." He said "Thanks." He added looking to Nico.

"No problem Luca. I'm glad you like it." Nico said as if he was talking to his best friend and not a three year old. Gemma took the plates and started to wash the dishes. "Thanks for cooking."

"Oh your welcome. I always cook for Luca. Thank you for the place to stay."

"It's fine the house would have just been empty. No one was gonna use the rooms anyways." Nico sternly replied walking out of the kitchen.