Ch. 4 "Playing twenty questions"

Gemma looked at Nico and pointed her gun to the other man. "Why are you here?" She was confused to say the least.

"Luis take her to the office I will take care of this."

"I want to take care of it! This is my problem not yours."

Before Gemma knew it she was yanked out with a man holding her arm a few steps down the hall and she heard the gunshot. I few hallways later Gemma was in a room with three sofas and a desk with a man sitting behind it, he looked up and nodded his head for Gemma to sit.

"What is your name young lady?"

"Gemma. Gemma Marino." Nico walked in and sat next to the man she guessed was Renzo Ricci just by association.

"Gemma why were you in a room with those men? Do you know who they were?" Nico was livid not only did he have to help this girl but she tried to talk back after she was already in danger. 'Was she stupid?' Nico thought. 'Why do I fucking care about this girl?' He asked himself still very conflicted about his feelings.

"I was forced in! But clearly I was covered on getting myself out." She snapped nodding to the gun on the table "They were men from Mahzun Costa's group." She snarled back upset she couldn't finish the kill.

"And why did they have a gun to your side as you walked in?"

Gemma hesitated still mad. "Why do you care I had it covered!" Standing up with anger pulsing through her. The man next to Gemma pulled out a gun but the man slapped her instead. She looked at Nico as he winced at the sight. Nico did not like they way they were treating her, but any women would be treated the same in this situation.

"Why were you forced into a room with a gun to your side?" Renzo asked he seemed mad that she was not answering the question directly. The man next to her pulled the hammer on the handgun. Nico's fist were now balled up tight.

"Costa threatened me to be in New York by Monday and I'm clearly not on my way."

"Why are you involved with Costa's men. Why does he want you in New York." He was not asking questions but making demands that needed to be answered.

"What does it matter! It has nothing to do with you guys!" Gemma regretted her quick response as the gun was harshly push into her head. She gave the man beside her a glare as she answered. "I was payment to them. I didn't have a choice if I wanted involved or not."

"Who put you up for payment?"

"Who the fuck do you think? My parents did!"

"Your in Las Vegas for what reason?"

"To get away from those assholes. I don't want my brother to have the same life. My God is the fucking twenty questions!" Nico shook his head at the women standing in front of him with such a sharp tongue. He never though a women would talk to men in the mob in such a fearless and irritated way but Gemma proved everything he though of women wrong. He was now irritated that he thought about her again.

"And the reason you are here tonight?"

"My friend brought me here trying to get me out of the house. Can we stop playing twenty questions?"

Renzo glared at Gemma, she had quite the mouth on her.