Ch. 26 "Sleep deprived husband"

Luca had been dropped off with Emily and Nico was on his way to the air strip. Renzo, Nico, and many other men have arrived getting on the "company airplane" as Renzo called it. They were headed off to New York with a plan to get Gemma, many more guns than necessary, and a few computer geniuses.

The flight will take about five hours and with the different time schedules it should be about eleven pm by the time they get to New York. After the nerve racking flight Nico was ready to get Gemma back.

Once landed then men with the computers pulled up the previous locations of Gemma and where she was now. In less than thirty minutes they had a video of her leaving the back door of a restaurant in a blood soaked white button up.

With her current location the men didn't understand why she was in a residential neighborhood. Getting the directions to the house Renzo made a plan of what will happen when they get there. The men didn't know who the house belonged too and even after all the hacking they were still unsure if this house was tied into Costa and his men.

The plan was to surround the house and be ready to shoot anyone who posses as a threat and is not Gemma. Being that it is now one o'clock in the morning they would rest until five and then go to the location of Gemma.

                    *     *     *     *

At five exactly all men were up. Most loaded their guns ready for anything ahead of them. Into the large black SUV's they drove off to the house. By this time it's about six and the house is surrounded.

Nico walked up to the door with a loaded hand gun right in his back pocket.

                   *     *     *     *

Gemma had woken up to the smell of coffee and the faint noise of her grandparents. Looking over at the clock the time read 5:57am. Sighing over the early time these elderly people woke up she got out of the warm bed and limped to the kitchen with an aching body.

Gemma smiled at the two love birds who were giggling with each other like they were in high school again. Gemma always wanted the type of love her grandparents sheared, but for some reason Gemma thought she would never have it. If she loved someone and someone loved her it would certainly never be like this.

At the thought is of love Nico came to mind. She wondered if he even thought about her.

What he was doing right now?

Was he worried about her?

Did he find Luca?

Did he even care that she was missing?

He clearly didn't care about her the way that last encounter went so why did she keep thinking about him. Poring herself a cup of coffee she dismissed the thoughts of her resent husband. Sitting down across from the lovebirds she greeted them a good morning when a knock came to the door.

Pete, Gemma's grandfather got up from his seat kissing his wife with a soft peck on the cheek he went to answer the door.

A large framed man who looked very stiff was standing there. His brown eyes would lead you to believe he hadn't got much rest and the messy dark hair added to the sleep deprived look of this man. His white button down shirt slightly creased and wrinkled but still neatly tucked into the black slacks heled by a belt.

"Hello?" Pete said wondering what this man was doing on his porch at six o'clock in the morning.

"Hello sir do you know of a Gemma Marino?" The unnamed man spoke.

"I know of her yes. May I ask who you are?"

"I'm her husband Nico Faraci. Do you happen to know where she is?"