Chapter Five

So here is the next chapter. Sorry that it isn't as long as normal, but I'm working on some new Fanfictions. REVIEW

So I have decided to just write about the cooking competition today and leave the rest of the actual Sophitz stuff for when I'm actually in the Fanfiction mood. But there will be some hints, hopefully....

Sophie was actually having fun for the first time in forever. Her life had been so serious lately, what with the Council taking over her life, and her having to join the Black Swan and facing the Neverseen (and winning)... there wasn't any time for fun anymore! Sophie was glad to have this time to just spend with her friends having fun and throwing food bits everywhere. And literally messing up Edaline's usually spotless kitchen. She was going to have to clean up a lot to meet her mother's needs at the end of the day.

And...

Fitz was acting very strange today. Sophie didn't know what to think of it. She had caught him watching her as she made the base of mallowmelt. At first, she was embarrassed, then happy, then thinking some more about it and finally deciding she was foolish. For all she knew, he was laughing at her for having so much sugar in her hair. Or maybe he was watching Linh, not her.

But what about that blush when he caught her watching him? Maybe he was just embarrassed to be caught randomly staring and not for some other reason.

Sophie shook all of the Vacker thoughts from her head and returned to her cooking. The mallowmelt smelled really good, and when Biana taste-tested it, she loved it.

Sophie was set on having the girls win. So she took her finished mallowmelt and took some whipped cream that she had found in the cupboard. It wasn't exactly whipped cream, but it was close enough (elves didn't know what whipped cream was).

She took out a little bit and tasted it to make sure it still had the same taste as whipped cream. It was a little bit bitter, so she took a bowl and sprayed out all of the "whipped cream". Then she took some powdered sugar and mixed it in with the whipped cream. When she tasted it again, it tasted a lot better.

Elves didn't have food coloring, so she grabbed some colorful fruits from the fridge. There were some mackos, which looked liked mangos with peaches, and some burstos, which were kind of like strawberries. She took out a juicer and juiced all of the fruit so she had some colors. She then mixed it with some water to make it more liquidy and then poured it in with the whipped cream concoction. It was beautiful. She knew that elves had never done this before, so she smiled to herself and grabbed a bag that was kind of like a pastry bag and poured in her mixture. She then proceeded to frost the mallowmelt. It really was pretty. When she showed Biana, she squealed and ran outside. She came back with a really pretty white flower. Sophie washed it and placed it on top of the dish.

The mallowmelt was fit for a queen. Sophie hoped it tasted as good.

Linh's soup was smelling wonderful. She had mixed some vegetables with boiled water and added some umber leave broth that kind of tasted like chicken. Not that Sophie would ever say that out loud, seeing as the elves were vegetarians. Linh really was a great chef, and Sophie told her so. Linh blushed and said that she had to know how to cook, seeing as she had no parents to do it for her and Tam was terrible. This gave the girls an advantage.

Biana's meal was strange but looked delicious. She had some carnissa root (it tasted like cheeseburgers) and some brattails (tasted like sausage) to create a savory dish. It looked really good and Sophie couldn't wait to try it. Biana had also wanted a sweet dish, so she had made some porcarot pie with little chunks of ripplepuffs mixed in. It was so good!

Once or twice, Sophie caught Linh looking at Fitz, but she chose to ignore it. She didn't know what was going on with her friends. It seemed as soon as everyone reached sixteen, friends developed a romantic interest in each other. Not that Sophie wasn't a part of this; her crush had been since she was twelve!

Biana was also caught looking Keefe, and Linh teased her continually for it. Whenever Sophie looked over at the boys, she saw Keefe staring at...

Her. Sophie was sure that her eyes were playing tricks on her! It was always Keefe and Biana! But it seemed as if that had changed. Maybe everyone was changed now. Life was so hard when it was concerning boys. And friends. And family.

Linh nudged Sophie and whispered,

"We need to have some girl talk. Now."

Sophie looked at Linh and answered, "Ok? Um, how about in my room. Let's just say we forgot something. Is Biana coming?"

Linh said, "Well, that might make things a little suspicious."

Sophie said, "Ok. I'll just tell her what we're telling the boys. I mean, I assume we have something to tell them."

Biana seemed concerned and a little bit sad that they were leaving her out, but they let it go. The boys were so wrapped up in their work that they didn't even notice that the girls were leaving.

Linh followed Sophie up into her room.

Sophie said, "So? What's up?"

Linh said, "You can't tell anyone. I'm telling you because I have no one else to tell. You're my best friend, Sophie. Can I trust you?"

Sophie said, "Of course you can, Linh."

Linh took a deep breath. "Ok. I've never told anyone this."

Sophie smiled at her reassuringly.

Sorry to leave it there! Please do not give me a review like "how could you stop there you evil person?" I had to because I want to leave some cliffhangers in order to have you guys not be bored! And besides, this was a long chapter! Please leave a KIND review. Thanks so much!