Chapter Thirty-Seven

"Are you going to tell me where we're going this time?" Sophie asked Fitz as she settled into a seat by the window on the plane. Fitz sat down next to her, pouting handsomely at his loss of the window seat.

He rolled his teal eyes. "Maybeee... if you don't complain once then I just might drop a name..."

"Is it close by?" Sophie asked after a long silence.

"Kind of..." Fitz grinned. He shook his head and held his hands up. "I can't tell you any more than that. We've got a whole flight to go and it's a fairly long one." Sophie took that as another hint but it really wasn't much help.

Sophie sighed loudly to let her husband know just exactly how she felt about his reluctance to say anything but didn't say a word of complaint, true to her word. After the long flight, Sophie and Fitz got off of the plane and stretched their sore limbs, Sophie reveling in the air that was not musty plane-air. Sophie still held the flight peanuts and pretzels packages that Fitz found amazing and Sophie found revolting. He had grabbed a couple of extras and handed them to his wife earlier to hold, much to her annoyance.

Sophie looked at her husband. "Soooo..." she started, her hands swiping casually through his hair. He turned to look at her, a blush rising on his face as she leaned in close and whispered, "Where are we?"

"Guess?" His face betrayed nothing and she couldn't help but be annoyed at his request.

"Where are we?" she sighed exasperatedly, letting her hands drop and leaning back. "You promised you would tell me if I didn't complain!"

Fitz looked like he was deep in thought to which Sophie rolled her eyes to. "Yes, I suppose so. You didn't say a word of complaint, did you?"

"No, I didn't! And I consider that an accomplishment, personally. Now tell me!" Sophie knew she sounded like a whiny three-year-old and was strongly tempted to stamp her feet in a very childish act of anger if Fitz didn't tell her soon.

Fitz sighed and raised his arms in defeat. "Fine. We're in Singapore."

Sophie was stunned. "Wow." Sophie had always thought of Singapore as a place that she would never get to see, seeing as it was so far away and...

Sophie remembered that her old friend had lived in Singapore. Her human friend. One of the only ones she had had. She had always wanted to go and now she was here.

"Thanks, Fitz. I've always wanted to come here," she squealed, jumping into her husbands arm.

"Really?" Fitz's teal eyes, which she could see up close now, glinted. He spun her around before gently setting her back down. Sophie envied the fact that he didn't even look winded or at least disheveled. 

"Yes." And Sophie tiptoed and kissed him. He dropped his luggage that he had just started to pick back up and started to kiss her back before pulling away as he realized that they were still in the airport.

He placed his finger over her lips, causing them to tingle slightly. "Sophie. No. More. Distractions. Do I have to say this every time?" Fitz shook his head but his humored expression showed his true opinion.

"Yes." She tried to kiss him but he pushed her away and picked up the suitcases again. "I love you!" An elderly woman walking by cast them a dirty look and muttered, "Filthy teenagers," just loud enough for Sophie and Fitz to hear. Sophie blushed wildly but Fitz's features changed from happy to angry and he turned to the lady, looking ready to scream at the poor old woman, but Sophie stopped him by placing a hand on his chest to calm his breathing (and possibly admire how ripped he really was). 

"Don't. I shouldn't have shown such PDA here." She smiled widely to show that she didn't care about what people thought of her and Fitz reluctantly mimicked her grin back.

"Let's go. The hotel isn't too far away from here. We should be able to walk there with no problems." Sure, maybe no problems for him. Nevertheless, Sophie smiled and Fitz smiled back, showing off his perfect teeth. He took her hand, encasing it in his, and led Sophie out of the airport and down the busy streets. The air was humid but Sophie didn't mind. She breathed it in and her heart swelled with happiness as she took in her surroundings.