3

Evan POV

The cute girl, (Y/n) and I have gym together. This worries me greatly. She also seems to stutter a bit. Maybe she also has social anxiety. That would be great! But like also bad too, I guess.

While we walk across the school to the gym I try to sneak looks at her. She is blushing bright red, and is trying to look at the floor to hide it. Her hair is in two braids, her hair looks soft and sweet. She looks childlike but in a mature way, I didn't know that was possible, but she totally rocked it. Her bright yellow long sleeved turtle neck hugged her in the nicest way. The dark grey mid-thy skirt she wore flowed with her as she gracefully walked. She wore matching dark grey knitted leg warmers came up to her knees and down to her ankles. Her shoes didn't match her nice outfit. They looked like they were once black but have worn into a grey color. They looked as if they were a size or two too small, because as she walked she would limp a little. She noticed me watching her her blush got a bit deeper but then went down a bit. She stared at me for the rest of the walk to the gym. When we got into the gym it was empty. Only the teachers were there.
'You kids are a bit early. Sit in the bleachers.' An elderly woman in a spandex workout romper said.

(Y/n) did as instructed and walked up to the highest row of bleachers and sat down. I nervously walked over to her. She looked up at me with huge, (E/c) eyes. Her long eyelashes blinked as I sat next to her.
'Did Connor hurt you?' She asks.
'No. I, um- how do you know Connor if yo were homeschooled?'
'He lives on the floor above me in my apartment building.' She explained.
'Oh! R-really? That means that you live in my building.'
'Really? What floor do you live on?'
'The second. You must live on the ninth floor if Connor lives above you.' She nodded her head as a form of agreement. She didn't talk much. She nodded a lot though.

She had her hands folded in her lap. She was a nice sight for the eyes. I felt obligated to look away but I could tear my eyes from the sight of her lips. They were slightly chapped, but beautifully pigmented a shade of red. She didn't have any makeup on. This surprised me, she was one of the only girls in my school who didn't wear makeup.

She looked at me,
She blinked once,
Blinked twice,
Three times...
'So who are you friends with?'
I looked at her in confusion.
'Like. Are you with the popular kids? Or the bookworms? Or the-'
'I'm more of a friendless person.' I say embarrassed.
'Oh! Like, electively or...'
'No. I'm just a bit anxious when trying to talk to people.'
'Really? Me too. I get a lot of anxiety talking.' She said, with an empty expression. She was odd. She never really showed emotion except for embarrassment.
'Is that why you haven't been talking much? I shouldn't have said that im so sorry!' She shook her head.
'It's fine. Also yeah. Um that's why I don't talk much. I don't even talk much to my mom, to be completely honest.'
'Really? Me neither.'
'What about your father?'
'Oh! Um- well I can't really talk to him. You see, um- well. He lives in Colorado with a family of his own.'
'Oh my GOODNESS! I am so sorry. I- um of all people I shouldn't have assumed anything!'
'It's fine. What do you mean, 'of all people'?'
'My mom says that he moved to California when I was two. But, I don't believe her.'

I was now confused. I had found someone like me! She was just like ME! This blew me away (Hamilfam where you at? 😉)!
'You don't trust your mom?'
'Never have.'
'Oh. Wow. I believe everything my mom tells me.'
'Yeah? Well, I've never really, LOVED my mom. It's always been a 'like/hate' relationship. Ya know?'
'Oh.'

She is the best person I've ever met!