Knots Untie (part one)

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

It's around 5 in the morning. The people of Alexandria are all asleep. It's been a crazy week for them so far and they are just happy that they can sleep without anything bad happening. But no matter how quite it is or how dark or late it is, it doesn't stop Maggie from trying to grow plants. The poor pregnant woman gardening just like her father would. Alexandria is slowly running out of food. And since Maggie is pregnant she needs to eat more.

"Maggie.", Glenn called.

"Hey. We get the trellises in, we can start going vertically. Double our yield of tomatoes per square foot. We can only keep stretching our rations so far. Still haven't seen a single bud." Maggie said trying to not lose hope.

"Babe. It'll grow. We're gonna be okay.", Glenn said while rubbing her back.

"Ava is suppose to help out here but I wanted to get a head start so we could finish early and just have a one on one day with me. I want to make sure she is okay. This whole her taking care of Ron thing isn't right.  She also has to go out on runs by her self and she shouldn't have to. She needs to take care of herself first and fix her relationship with Carl and just relax." Maggie said.

"I get what you're saying Maggie, but Ava made it clear that she doesn't want to be trapped inside the walls doing nothing.", Glenn said.

"I don't care if she wants to act like an adult going out and doing runs by herself. I know she is a good fighter but I just want to talk to her more. She seems  stressed and I know we both know Daryl and he doesn't know how to talk to Ava about feelings. And besides we promised her mom we would take care of her and talk to her." Maggie said.

"Look babe lets just go to bed for a bit and I will come out with you two and help. I'm sure Emma wouldn't mind me knowing how her daughter feels."

Maggie kissed her husband and as soon as they started to walk to their home a gate opened. They looked at where two figures were. It was Ava and Toby right outside where they keep the 'prisoners' like Ron.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE ESCAPED!", Ava yelled.

"I closed my eyes while you were sleeping and he was gone when I opened them.", Toby tried to whisper making sure not to wake anyone up.

Glenn and Maggie rushed to Ava and Toby. Ava looked over and saw them and felt really embarrassed because she felt like she failed a mission. But she was more concerned on why they were up.

"What happened?" Glenn asked.

"You see Sleepy over here didn't wake me up to take care of the prisoner .", Ava answered.

"RON ESCAPED?!", Maggie asked really shocked. She was hoping this won't stress Ava out more.

"No. Some guy my dad and Rick captured about 5 hours ago i think. He has long hair and well groomed. But it's all his fault for letting him go. So now we have to find him. Ron is in there still sleeping. " Ava said.

As soon as she said that Abraham and Daryl were running towards them because Toby got them earlier before he woke up Ava. Ava was getting really scared and preparing for her dad to yell at her. But all Daryl did was give Ava a pat on the back because he knew she felt bad. Daryl would be mad if anyone else let that happen but he didn't want to hurt his daughters feelings.