The Walking Dead

Updated April 6, 2016

"AVA THOMAS WHAT PART ABOUT CLEANING UP YOUR ROOM BEFORE WE LEAVE DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND." ,Emma yelled from upstairs.

Ava and her mom Emma  were heading to Atlanta for the week. They were going to visit their family friend Daryl and Merle. Daryl wasn't doing too well after Merle went to jail ......for the 6th time.

They haven't seen Daryl and Merle since last year..... When Emma had to bail Merle AND Daryl out of jail. She  wasn't  happy about that. But the two were happy to see  them.

"OKAY MOM!", Ava yelled back from the kitchen. Ava walked up the stairs and stuck her tongue out to her mom.

Emma just rolled her eyes and laughed. They are mostly best friends instead of mother and daughter.

Ava wanted to stay in King county because her best friend Carl Grimes's father got shot four weeks ago. She felt bad but she knew she had her mom wouldn't let her stay. Ava cleaned up her room as fast as she could and ran back down stairs.

"Mom can I please go see Carl?", Ava asked.

"You have only five minutes until we need to leave." Emma said and Ava ran out the door.

Across the street was Carl's house. And he was outside just reading a book.

"Hey Ava, what's up." Carl asked

"The sky" Ava replied laughing

"You're so annoying.", Carl said.

"So how's your dad doing?" Ava asked. His  smile soon disappeared. Way to go Ava.

"He's alright" he said softly while looking down at the ground.

"Sorry blue eyes." Ava said. Ava would call Carl blue eyes sometimes. That has always been a nickname for Carl since the day they meet.

There was a moment of silence. The silence was broken after a minute by a police sirens. Than helicopters. Carl and Ava looked at each other confused. Helicopters never come by King County before.

"What was that?", Ava asked.

"I don't know, but helicopters never come by here.", Carl said.

"Do you think there is a robber?", Ava asked

"Maybe or a killer.", Carl said.

Ava looked over at a man and his wife stuffing many items in their little car.

The woman looked over at the two kids and sadly smiled as if something bad was happening. Her husband slammed the house door and ran into the car.

"Mr.John has been crazy for the past three days.", Carl said.

"WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!", Emma yelled while crossing the street. The car almost hit her while reversing out of the driveway.

"Hi Carl.", Emma said from across the street.

"Hi Emma!", Carl cheered

Lori came running out the door.

"Oh I thought something bad happened I heard you yell.", Lori said.

"Mr.John almost hit her. They were speeding.", Carl told his mom.

"Well thank God you're okay.", Lori responded

"I came here to get Ava and  say goodbye.", Emma said

Ava hugged Lori and then went to hug Carl

"Rick will get better.", Emma said to Lori and then Emma hugged Carl.

"See you when I get back." Ava said Carl.