Part 5

Days stared at the vending machine. "Chips, or flavored chips." He pointed to each of them in turn, his finger landing on the flavored chips. "Flavored chips it is, then." He inserted the coins required and pressed the buttons. As he waited for the chips to dispense, he was shocked by a loud noise. 

He looked to the vending machine beside him, and he saw the strangest thing he had seen all day. And considering that he was rooming with three drunk teenagers, that was saying something. 

A girl, a little younger than himself was standing beside him. She had long, straight red hair, and she was wearing a green school uniform. But that wasn't what caught his eye. What caught his eye was her hands; they were wrapped in pink duck tape covered with cute little ducks. She was using an odd combination of her fingers and her tongue to press buttons. She held a five dollar bill in her mouth. 

Days' eyes went wide open at the odd sight. Should he talk to her? He took a deep breath and walked up to her. "Um... hi?" 

She looked up at him with her pale green eyes. "Hey." And she went back to her business. 

"Are... are you okay?" He asked. 

She looked at him, eyes narrowed sarcastically. She raised her wrists. "Yep. Living the dream." 

"Oh- oh, I'm sorry. Uh..." Days removed the pen behind his ear and held it out to her. "Um... need help?" 

The girl smiled. She held her wrists out to him. "Thanks..." 

"D-Daisy." 

She raised an eyebrow. "You... are a very masculine girl." 

"Oh-oh, I am a guy, it's just- I uh-" He sighed. "Just... call me Days." 

The girl laughed. "Alright then. Days. I'm Hannah." She smiled at him, holding her hands out again. Days had just poked a hole in the duck tape, and was about to keep pulling at it, when they heard screaming. 

"FIVE MINUITE BREAK OVER! GET BACK HERE NOW!" 

Hannah sighed. "Damm. My twat of a sister is calling. Gotta go. But it was nice to meet you." She said. She was about to run off, but Days grabbed the tape, pulling her back. 

"You forgot your chips." He said. 

"It's fine. I didn't even get to order them." She was about to turn around again, but Days pulled her back, handing her his bag. 

"H-here. Y-you can have it." He blushed. She blushed. 

"Thanks, Days." She smiled, and quickly ran off. 

The door to her motel room slammed shut, leaving Days alone in this thoughts. 

Holy f*ck she's pretty.