Part 11

Lolita sped along the dirt road, trailing dust behind them. She didn't even notice the gun to her head. The sirens blazed behind them, casting the red and blue lights into the back of the van. Everyone was screaming. Lolita and their mugger were yelling aggressively, Rosalyn was screaming because, as it seems that everyone forgot, there was a man with a gun in the car, and Days and Hannah, still duck taped in the back of the van, were thrown and bounced around by the force of the van, like someone trying to keep two balloons off the ground. They screamed as they bounced off each other and the walls of the van. 

The only one able to keep his balance was the mugger, who could still stand, and he had his hands free, too. A fork in the road approached them. Lolita narrowed her eyes. "Hold on!" She shouted. 

Hannah screamed from the back. "TO WHAT?!" 

None of them had time to react before Lolita veered to car to the right, nearly tipping the van over. The two side wheels lifted slightly off the ground. Hannah and Days were launched to one side of the van, banging their heads on the wall. The van abruptly touched ground again, sending Hannah and Days crashing to the ground. 

Hannah took the opportunity to look up. Oh sh*t. She thought. Days was unconscious. Now, rather than just being tossed around, he also flopped around lifelessly. She screamed from the back, prompting a "shut up!" from Lolita and their mugger. 

Lolita kept speeding down the road, followed closely by the cop. There was a cornfield beside them. Rosalyn knew what she was thinking. "Don't you-" Too late. Lolita gave another sharp turn, sending them into the cornfield. The tall stalks of corn slammed the side of the van as they drove through. 

It was here that the mugger looked down. There they were, two tied-up teenagers in the back. "Wait a second-" Before he even had the time to react, Days had already panicked. Taking an empty paint can in the back, he managed to swing it around and, using the momentum of the car, threw it into the mugger's head. He was out cold too. 

"Nice one!" Lolita screamed back. 

"You're all crazy!" He screamed back. 

Rosalyn looked ahead. She screamed. "Look out, Look out!" She pointed ahead. They were running into the broad side of a barn. Lolita kept driving. 

"What are you doing, stop!" Rosalyn shouted. Lolita's eyes narrowed in determination. "This isn't a game of chicken, Lolita, the barn isn't going to move!" 

Lolita crashed through the barn wall, screaming wildly. Her eyes were ablaze with excitement as pieces of wood flew around the van. She stopped the car. "Come on!" She yelled. Opening the car doors, she and Rosalyn grabbed Days and Hannah, running off. There was a car in the driveway. Rosalyn's father had taught her how to hot wire a car before he was arrested, (Grand Theft Auto,) so she was working on getting the car to start, while Lolita had an idea. 

She grabbed the mugger out of the van, throwing him into the backseat with Days and Hannah. She duck taped his hands tightly, before Days shouted. "What are you doing?!" 

Lolita pointed to the mugger. "He's our story. The guy who 'kidnapped' us." 

Not wanting to argue with the crazy girl, Days instead leaned back and let them do their thing. 

Once Rosalyn got the car working, they all piled into the car and calmly drove out of the driveway. Officer Brown didn't even notice that they had switched cars before he saw the van. By the time he had looked down the road, they were already gone.